Purple hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi geeks! has anyone done any purple hair recently?? I recently took my lady from a flat 5 ( box dyes) to a coppery 7/8 in places by balayage, I then applied 8/0 & 3inches /66 in wella expecting a purple tone along a 7 line but I was horrified as it just darkened everything down! I’m losing the will to live with all these colours on Instagram. I didn’t want to use anything on the 5 line as It would just darken everything down and there’s nothing around a 7 with that time that isn’t red. The Client specified no RED please can some one help me out on this one. X

If you want a blue based purple, you need to pre-lighten to a 9 or 10, tone out the yellow (otherwise, it will go green) then apply your target purple shade.

Thanks [emoji120] that seems to make sense but couldn’t get any more lift than a 7. Would it not show up?? Even as a darker shade??

Yes, if you're ok with a red based purple otherwise, you need to lift it higher.

Latest posts

Back