Qualifications query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee1983

Reaction score
am currently in my second year HND in beauty therapy i have just recently been advised that although my certificate says I'am qualified in electrical facials as it does not state what i would therefore need to be sent to retrain in certain treatments does anybody know if this is true or not? i thought as long as you had a qualification it meant you could carry out these treatments am so confused. TIA

It depends on what you want to offer. I have a generic “electrical facial” qualification but every machine I have has had additional training to learn that specific machine. This is usually free x

It depends on what you want to offer. I have a generic “electrical facial” qualification but every machine I have has had additional training to learn that specific machine. This is usually free x

Thank you for your reply x

I would check the syllabus for your course to see which electrical techniques you study. These are the ones you will be qualified in. For example your course probably covers:
  • galvanic current
  • direct high frequency
  • indirect high frequency
  • electro muscle stimulation (EMS) - the pads you stick on the facial muscles to make them contract
  • micro current
  • vacuum suction
Your college / course may of course add other ones such as micro dermabrasion or light treatments etc.

Ask your tutor for clarification. If you have the opportunity to do further brand training then always take up the offer as it is a good thing to have on your CV.

If you are buying an expensive electrical unit then you generally get free training on that specific machine.
Doing the generic unit in your course will allow you purchase from a wide range of branded companies.
If you are just looking to buy a simple unit e.g. Esthetix galvanic/Hf unit then you can buy direct from a beauty wholesaler, you just send a copy of your qualification to open an account.

I would check the syllabus for your course to see which electrical techniques you study. These are the ones you will be qualified in. For example your course probably covers:
  • galvanic current
  • direct high frequency
  • indirect high frequency
  • electro muscle stimulation (EMS) - the pads you stick on the facial muscles to make them contract
  • micro current
  • vacuum suction
Your college / course may of course add other ones such as micro dermabrasion or light treatments etc.

Ask your tutor for clarification. If you have the opportunity to do further brand training then always take up the offer as it is a good thing to have on your CV.

If you are buying an expensive electrical unit then you generally get free training on that specific machine.
Doing the generic unit in your course will allow you purchase from a wide range of branded companies.
If you are just looking to buy a simple unit e.g. Esthetix galvanic/Hf unit then you can buy direct from a beauty wholesaler, you just send a copy of your qualification to open an account.
Thank you for your reply x

Latest posts

Back