Qualified Extensionist or Qualified Hairdresser..makes no difference FACT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wifey999

Reaction score
After reading a thread earlier regarding hair extension training / hairdressing, I wanted to share a prime example of why it makes ZERO difference if you are a qualified hairdresser....

Recently a client of mine told me her freind was taking a fast track hairdressing course, i think it was up to NVQ level 2 but not entirely sure..then she was taking 3 hour hair extension course immediately after.

After a few weeks, my client text me to say her freind who was taking the course wanted some extensions fitting and she had reommended me to fit them for her. So sure enough her friend text me to book an appointment and said she would buy her own hair. ( by this time she had completed both the hairdressing course and the hair extension course) I text her a couple of days later to find out what hair she had bought how many strands and so on... she said she had bought Remi Goddess Limited Edition hair, 150 strands with a keratin bond. I asked her if she was sure that was what she had bought, she said yes and that it was nail tip and in a purple pack. She also told me that she only wanted the best hair and that it cost £300 for the hair alone ( strange....)

Armed with my knowledge AND experience I knew that the hair she had bought was in fact Yaki hair, on a weft and totally not suitable for her hair, she is white and has straight european hair, and was totally oblivious to the fact that she had bought hair that mimics the texture of relaxed carribaen hair and on a weft!!

Needless to say, the day before the fitting she cancelled, obviously she had found someone cheaper to fit it, or actually opened the packet and realised the msitake she had made, and possibly the lies she had told?

ok, so now with both qualifications, a facebook page is created and a website put together. Here is a quote from one of the pages...

"Most hair extension specilists have not trained as a hair dresser thefore can only offer remy hair. Remy is cuticly correct but it isn't even gaurenteed to have a cuticle on it. Also when u but 18", only 18" will the the longest strand of the hair which means you will have shorter strands in the pack. BE CAREFUL who you pay. Remy hair costs around £40-£60 to buy and you should be paying around £150 for application.
"

Spot the mistakes??????? Not only has the hairdressing qualification failed to give her any knowledge regarding hair, so indeed has the extension training!

A non qualified hairdresser however can fit virgin hair, remy hair, yaki hair, or even horse hair if they so wish..

To make matters even worse, after an enquiry on her facebook page, she actually lied and said she had 2 years experience in hair extensions and hairdressing.....!!

So ...at the end of the day you can hold both a hairdressing qualification and hair extension training certificate and they stand for nothing!

To be a successfull hair extensionist you need experience and knowledge...simply that ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back