Question: Glitter Powders, Please Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christi

Softie Walter Geek
Reaction score
Hello there!

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on the Acrylic Powders detailed?

I have recently bought a nail art kit from ebay, i know i probably shouldn't have, but hey... we all make our mistakes.
You see i have just started to experiment with the whole nail art consept, and thought if they don't work out i haven't lost anything, but if all goes well i can invest in a good product and maybe go with a good nail art course?

In the Kit are; Quoted"
12x NEW FRENCH GLITTER ACRYLIC POWDERS

These specially formulated French powders to provide a contemporary twist to the traditional French acrylic nails. Containing micro particles with a glitter sheen in 12 beautiful shades.

10x COLOUR ACRYLIC NAIL ART POWDERS

Colour acrylic powders for providing nail art designs that are permanent. 10 pastel shades supplied.

However When i have tryed some of the Glitter Powders i found them to be white based powders with a glitter tint. You see i was using Clear tips and the effect i was looking for was just a clear powder with a glitter tint in( if that makes sense)?

Can anyone give me some help and advise please!
Many Thanks! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

To just get the glitter effect you need to mix just glitter with clear powder. You can get this glitter from nsi but beware of there p&p charges:rolleyes: I got some ultra fine glitter from my local art shop as long as it is fine enough you can use this to mix in with the clear powder and save a bit of cash.

Ez flow do custom glitter powders, ready to go no mixing required, I love glitter and Im gonna hopefully try these out soon, heard so much about them, wanna see for myself lol

Thanks Sarah!

I just love the glitter nails they are fab!

Can't wait to get started on them., so thanks for the advise will try mixing some glitter in with clear powder as you have said to see how they go.

Am going to try a nail art course to see how things work, have got the Nail Artistry book which i just love.

Well onward and up-wards!

Thanks again!
:Love:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya ONS do fantastic glitter acrylics that are already made up in all different shades and they do coloured acrylics too. I have a baby pink one and a silver one and a bright pink one from them all realy glittery. Thats what I used to do my toenails in one of the threads below. I have done silver tips on my nails before. I have also made up glitter acrylics with craft glitters and clear acrylic and made a really lovely lilac purple shade. Its great fun. Have a go.

can you do this with gel too? what I mean is... can you add glitter to make a glittery gel?
x

Sorry for jumping on this thread, but I have a question about glitter powders. I really want to try some of the EZflow boogie nights powders BUT does this mean I have to buy their liquid to go with it? I currently use Retention+ - would this work with it?

Thanks

Hiya,

Yes you can use ret+ with the boogie nights powders

hi

i don't think it is recommended to mix products from different brands. When i bought the boogie night collection i got a small bottle of monomer as well as the mini pots of all the different powders and some tips to try, good value and fab products.HTH

Fluffy said:
Sorry for jumping on this thread, but I have a question about glitter powders. I really want to try some of the EZflow boogie nights powders BUT does this mean I have to buy their liquid to go with it? I currently use Retention+ - would this work with it?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back