Questions from a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrieanne13

Reaction score
Hi all, I am not a nail tech, I have just begun to go and get my nails done (at the ripe old age of 31, geesh,!). I have some questions I hope maybe y'all can answer.

Okay, I got my first fill yesterday and there is a spot on my thumb where it is itchy itchy itchy, began yesterday evening, could this be due to the acrylic? Like a sensitivity or allergy? I washed with soap right when she was done but it appeared as though there was a tiny bit of acrylic on my skin right about where it itches.

Second, how often can one go and get different nails? As in, say one week I want something new and exciting like silver glitter tips and then after a week I get tired of those and want white tips and then a week after that I want red glitter tips, etc, is this okay? Could I go and get new nails each week without much problem?

Lastly, right now I have white tips with clear acrylic. I am thinking about going to solar nails (maybe, after I decide if I want new fun nails each week). What say you all? What would you recommend to your clients? My tech is recommending solars but it also makes her more money so I don't know if it is becasue it is better or she is trying to sell more, KWIM? I know that is probably just me being crabby and suspicious. I am definitely going to have to have these taken off and new ones on the next time I go as my nails are growing and the white tips are going to grow out and look crappy, you know. Is solar REALLY worth the extra cost?

Thanks all. Oh, and on an ending note, I REALLY admire the work you all do. I really don't think I could handle it, touching other peoples' hands and feet. Kudos to all of you!!!

Carrie in Texas

Hi all, I am not a nail tech, I have just begun to go and get my nails done (at the ripe old age of 31, geesh,!). I have some questions I hope maybe y'all can answer.

Okay, I got my first fill yesterday and there is a spot on my thumb where it is itchy itchy itchy, began yesterday evening, could this be due to the acrylic? Like a sensitivity or allergy? I washed with soap right when she was done but it appeared as though there was a tiny bit of acrylic on my skin right about where it itches.

Second, how often can one go and get different nails? As in, say one week I want something new and exciting like silver glitter tips and then after a week I get tired of those and want white tips and then a week after that I want red glitter tips, etc, is this okay? Could I go and get new nails each week without much problem?

Lastly, right now I have white tips with clear acrylic. I am thinking about going to solar nails (maybe, after I decide if I want new fun nails each week). What say you all? What would you recommend to your clients? My tech is recommending solars but it also makes her more money so I don't know if it is becasue it is better or she is trying to sell more, KWIM? I know that is probably just me being crabby and suspicious. I am definitely going to have to have these taken off and new ones on the next time I go as my nails are growing and the white tips are going to grow out and look crappy, you know. Is solar REALLY worth the extra cost?

Thanks all. Oh, and on an ending note, I REALLY admire the work you all do. I really don't think I could handle it, touching other peoples' hands and feet. Kudos to all of you!!!

Carrie in Texas

Hi,hopefully a more experienced nail tech can answer your first question....

Your 2nd ......if i have a client who wants to change the colour of her enhancements reguarly ,i lay down a thin layer of clear acrylic first .....then when she wants the colour changed ,i then file down the old colour to the clear acrylic and apply the new colour......imo this is a much better option for my clients nails than having them soaked off reguarly......maybe you could speak to your nail tech and find out what options are available, as if you want a different colour EVERY week then maybe polish and nail art over your enhancements would be better for you personally...

Enhancements can be worn for years with no problems and with no need for regular soak offs and new sets, they should just need infills 2-3 weekly if aftercare is followed.
I would say that having your acrylics soaked off every week would have an extreme drying affect to your natural nails.( hopefuly someone else will reply also !!)

With regards to solarnails.....which is a Creative acrylic system.....i have read through my training manuel and this is what it says about Solarnail.........
" Solarnail is optimized for maximum toughness and specifically designed for clients who are more likey to experience cracking and breaking of their enhancements "
So In my opinion ....i cant understand why you would need to pay more for this service than any other ?????:confused:maybe a Creative Master tech can advise you on WHY you would pay more !!!

Hope i have been of some help....

hazel

In answer to your first question, it could be a reaction to the acrylic, especially if it went onto your skin, keep an eye on it and see if it gets any worse, if it does you may need to visit your doctor to get something to calm it down,
if it is a reaction it will get worse each time you have your nails done hth,

Your second question, i do exactly the same as you have already been answered,

Your third question, i am guessing your nail tech has advised having solar nails meaning instead of having white tips adhered (glued) to your nail and a clear over the top,
she would apply a clear or natural tip and use white acrylic powder to make your white tip,
this is much stronger than a white tip been adhered to your nail and she can file the acrylic to make it thinner and replace the white where it needs to be on your next visit (this is a rebalance)
this is where the skills come into play, so yes it is worth the extra cost and in the long run she is trying to save you money by you not having to have them soaked off each month,
hope that makes sense and helps hun :hug:

Check out this recent thread:!:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/69708-what-tell-clients-about-solarnails.html

Latest posts

Back