Quick dip acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikki Downing

Reaction score
Hi
I use quick dip acrylics on my own nails with gel polish and also on my clients. It lasts for at least 3-4 weeks but a few of my customers have problems with lifting when I and others don't! Obviously oily nail bed so any recommendations please?

What brand do you use? There's so many I'm not sure who to go for? Xx

Where I work we do a lot of the quick dip acrylics, we use ANC. The amount of clients that have problems with lifting should be very few. We only have like 2 or 3 clients that just can't use the system because they're nails just don't want them to adhere to them. This is the system I use for mine and they come out beautifully, smooth, not as much filing needed before the top coat, and an even application so it blends nicely into the cuticle.

• prep work- have to be very diligent w this!
• first step from system, the dehydrator or bonder
• the "gel base" or second step, brush only half way up the nail and dip into base powder.
• make sure to dust off powder inbetween ever dip!!
• brush on gel base over whole nail , thin and carefully around the cuticle, dip into color leaving out about a millimeter by the cuticle.
• dust off powder then brush on gel base over whole nail again in the same way, and dip entire nail in color.
• dust off powder, brush on gel base
• brush on activator
• file- because of the way it was applied and dipped you shouldnt have to file at the cuticle.
• have client wash their hand and fully dry them
• apply activator again
• apply 2 coats of top coat making sure client rests their hand flat or it could result in drying with ripples.

My clients get a minimum of 3 weeks w this, I've even had clients not lift for 5 or 6 weeks.

Where I work we do a lot of the quick dip acrylics, we use ANC. The amount of clients that have problems with lifting should be very few. We only have like 2 or 3 clients that just can't use the system because they're nails just don't want them to adhere to them. This is the system I use for mine and they come out beautifully, smooth, not as much filing needed before the top coat, and an even application so it blends nicely into the cuticle.

• prep work- have to be very diligent w this!
• first step from system, the dehydrator or bonder
• the "gel base" or second step, brush only half way up the nail and dip into base powder.
• make sure to dust off powder inbetween ever dip!!
• brush on gel base over whole nail , thin and carefully around the cuticle, dip into color leaving out about a millimeter by the cuticle.
• dust off powder then brush on gel base over whole nail again in the same way, and dip entire nail in color.
• dust off powder, brush on gel base
• brush on activator
• file- because of the way it was applied and dipped you shouldnt have to file at the cuticle.
• have client wash their hand and fully dry them
• apply activator again
• apply 2 coats of top coat making sure client rests their hand flat or it could result in drying with ripples.

My clients get a minimum of 3 weeks w this, I've even had clients not lift for 5 or 6 weeks.
I will also let them know that if for some reason it does start to lift or get to that point where it gets caught in their hair lol to just file at the cuticle rather than pick at them because that will help blend it back down . I've seen w other nail techs that their clients will pick at them and pop them off. I hope this helps!!! :)

On people with problems lifting from oily skin I usually dehydrate 2x and prime 2x it works for great on those clients, but I work with regular liquid(CND retention+, works great for lifters) and powder, not a dip. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back