Quiet October

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
I had a crazy busy week last week and couldn't fit anymore appointments in on thursday, friday or saturday which i was loving! This week seems to be the opposite, it's really quiet! Hows everyone else finding things?

extremely quiet..... soul destroying but every one is the same by me

I'm the opposite, I've been working 9 to 6 pretty much non-stop & been selling a lot of retail & gift vouchers. In fact, offhand I think my next free appointment isn't for another 2 weeks now.

However, I have been busy promoting my new Decleor body treatments, with warm balms drizzled onto the body, exfoliation, creamy wraps, heated thermal blankets & so forth, which has brought in a lot of business. Perhaps it's worth thinking about your services and what you think could be added to draw in new clients & get existing clients to upscale their average spend?

When it goes like this I think of ways to get them in. KNowing that October can be a funny month, I pre-planned my promotion and got it up ready for this month. I did a 3 for 2 offer on my waxing and it has filled all my gaps and got me 5 new clients!!!
Use your time wisely and think of things you can be doing. Xmas planning, stock planning, lots of things hapening like christmas fayres you can book a table! Paperwork,,,,seek info on further training,,etc,,,etc,,,,,Never a dull moment unless you let it!!!
Good Luck xxxx

When it goes like this I think of ways to get them in. KNowing that October can be a funny month, I pre-planned my promotion and got it up ready for this month. I did a 3 for 2 offer on my waxing and it has filled all my gaps and got me 5 new clients!!!
Use your time wisely and think of things you can be doing. Xmas planning, stock planning, lots of things hapening like christmas fayres you can book a table! Paperwork,,,,seek info on further training,,etc,,,etc,,,,,Never a dull moment unless you let it!!!
Good Luck xxxx

Spot on lovely, there is never a dull moment!

I have been fairly busy so fas as October is 'Breast Cancer Awareness' month so I planned a campaign to go with that & I'm donating some of my profit this month. A lot of brands do products that support the cause too & this is a really important charity to me so I'm not just doing it to drum up business! This is the first year that I have done it but I think it will be an annual thing now.

Em x

Last edited:
October is a funny month. I've had the same pattern as last year.
Last week I was rushed off my feer and in the salon late nights nearly every day.
I think with the media starting on about the dreaded 'C' word and only 2 pay checks before then, a few people go into panick mode and stop spending on 'luxeries' ( unless they are die hard, must keep my nails :lol:).
Last year they came back by the 3rd week in october, I sure it'll be the same this year.
:hug:

I'm so-so.
Life is manic as I'm training aswell at therapies, so am reacting to busy at the moment.

Next week is chocka and am squeezing client in between training dates.

Was hoping for a better balance but hey-ho.

Am promoting my new treatments at the moment and so far have had 2 people take up the new treatments this week.

Yes, use time wisely; I always carry a notepad around with me, and whenever I find a spare half hour jot down ideas and "To Do" lists (love my lists).

Now is the time to be arranging gift vouchers and retails products for christmas.

My week has been slow....next 3 weeks Im crazy booked ....... I remember it being the same last year...... My big C offers are not up yet, Im thinking the last week of October...Is that about right???

The 'ber' months usually start off pretty bad for us.

But touch wood so far this month we're doing well.

There does seem to be more money being spent than this time last year.

At least people are going on and on and on about recession.

That was SO depressing!

Brendx

I have only been working from home for 2 months now and this is my quietest week, next week is fully booked so I have just been enjoying this week really. I do remember that last year working in the previous salon october and november were quiet months.
I've been doing leaflet drops and getting ideas ready for xmas as I want to have them all ready and advertised for 15th novemebr.

I'm so-so.
Life is manic as I'm training aswell at therapies, so am reacting to busy at the moment.

Next week is chocka and am squeezing client in between training dates.

Was hoping for a better balance but hey-ho.

Am promoting my new treatments at the moment and so far have had 2 people take up the new treatments this week.

Yes, use time wisely; I always carry a notepad around with me, and whenever I find a spare half hour jot down ideas and "To Do" lists (love my lists).

Now is the time to be arranging gift vouchers and retails products for christmas.

Balance??? What is that please? :lol: Never does it happen.

I always found when working full time in the salons that there was one week in every 4 that was quieter than the rest. No matter if the reason is the frequency of rebalances for the majority of your clients, a holiday getting in the way of working ... group hysteria syndrome :rolleyes: who knows but it was always the same for 15 years. It can be different times for different businesses. It's the overall average that counts.

I don't know why, but for me September and October this year seem to be very slow. This week is really bad. I'm so quiet almost every morning and day this month, and usually have only one or two appointments each night. But it must improve soon, I hope:)

I seem to be very quiet also - i had 3 appointments yday but that was a good day : ( I have done a mailshot and sent leaflets out in my area but there doesnt seem to be much happening...i'm also on all the advertising sites so i dont know - I suppose maybe some areas are like that?? I am never BOOKED UP which is disappointing - its hard as although you want to train more and add more to your treatments that costs money and at the moment i seem to keep spending money on my business and not making any!

iv been mega depressed this weekend, i have 2 appointments booked for tomorrow and thats all iv had this week its mental!! :(

I was really busy lastweek, quiet this week and my beauty therapist has been painfully quiet. Next week is busier and I guess we're making enough money to keep going so far so can't ask for too much more. Looking forward to this apparent rush we are going to get at Christmas!!!! We are doing a buy one get one half price on spray tan this month and our reguler tan clients are picking up on it, which is good. xxx

Im quiet too, no extra bookings lately, just the regulars:cry:

Latest posts

Back