Quiet week.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
hiya everyone hope your all well :hug:

had a really quiet week last week and this week isnt looking much better, im abit worried because in 2 weeks i have a months rent to pay and worried incase i dont get it all, what would you all do? my landlord is lovely and i could tell him but i dont want him thinking my buisness is doing rubbish :rolleyes:

thanks

xoxox

I don't know about everyone else but where I work we are always quieter during September. I think it may be that everyone has gone back to work and school and need to get back into their routine, so treatments go out of the window for a while! Things then pick up in October, ready for the Christmas rush.

Maybe now is the time to do an offer of some sort? Or send out a newsletter or email to any exisiting clients?

I'm the same at my place. I've been insane all Summer but now i'm fairly quiet until October. I agree with Carla, get some offers going. Good luck x

Ooh tell me about it, except I was quiet last month aswell. I'm thinking about having to hand my notice in on my room and just go mobile, but I love my shop so I'm not sure. I'm taking the time to really practice my acrylic nails to hope I can get up to scratch with them ready for christmas. I'm also going to do some offers like half price waxing on a wednesday and a thursday as I tend to mainly do my gels those days and would like to get more waxing in.

You have 2 weeks to go. sell sell sell.
Its not a good idea to not pay your rent on time, no matter how nice your landlord is. If you get evicted from your salon it would be a disaster, and most leases demand you pay the rent until the property is relet anyway.

mine is just a month.

i had a little more walk ins today so its picking up! :) glad to know im not the only quiet one though :hug:

I have been in this business for the past 15 years and September is always the quietest month, especially just after the kids go back to school. Good time to plan any training or go on holiday yourself. It has always been like this. Having said that, if you get your regulars and rebook them properly you will build up a strong business eventually where there are no real quiet times. Just takes a bit of time. I now have clients that give me their dates for the following year as soon as diaries appear in the shops!

I am totally against special offers, they seldom bring good business in, although I know we offer them to attract business, they tend to attract people who do not want to pay full price for anything and who will not respect you as a therapist. I would rather have the odd, full priced waxing treatment than lots of ones where I don't make any money.

I used my free time to source products from suppliers where I could save money. I originally bought everything for waxing treatments from Sally's but now use Salonserve and more than halved my costs. This is just the same as earning more money. Your time is valuable so use it wisely! :)

We have also been quiet. Everyone seems to be skint from their hols. We have been putting posters up around the salon to advertise for mini treatments,which has worked quite well. xxx

Latest posts

Back