Radio licence merging company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppyisland

Reaction score
Hi,
I usually pay roughly £150 per year to have the radio on at work (small salon - 5 chairs, 3 stylists)
Today they’ve contacted me to renew and they have merged companies so have put the price up to nearly £300!
Iv told them I won’t be paying that and they have stopped my direct debit.
What companies does everyone use? Is a tv license better to have and have a music channel on?
Thanks

If you play music in your salon through a radio, tv, Spotify, iPod, computer or absolutely anything else, you need a music license. The only alternative is license free music such as ichill.

Vic x

I just can’t believe they have doubled the price!!
Thank you I will have a look at ichill x

I just can’t believe they have doubled the price!!
Thank you I will have a look at ichill x
I know the feeling. I run salon on my own. 3 stations. £280!!! Hahaha yea ok never paid that ever on your bike

It’s crazy isn’t it! What have you done instead? X

It's a rip off in my opinion, I'm not only a therapist but also a musician and I know loads of people in bands, some very famous and others not but on the whole they get little if anything from the licensing companies, so where does the money go? Grrrrr...... it makes my blood boil so I use ichill and stuff them! Sorry rant over

I've done what everyone else has. I got told yhey were merging so businesses would save money...definitely not doing that. Cancelled & ichill x

No wonder small business (and larger if I’m honest) are struggling - just to play music you can barely hear! I was so angry when they were telling me how it was great that they had merged etc... then they’ve basically doubled it!! Ridiculous!!
Thank you for all your help! xx

Latest posts

Back