Reality of business kicking in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
:eek: my salon opening day is the 13th hopefully... although i have one more hair chair to fill....

i was soooo stressed today i had my 15 month old running around my toes while trying to my last minute arrangements... im also 5 months preggers so doest make things easier......

today i sat down and thought :eek:

trying to keep my head up though as i really wont my saon to work so have to keep focused and not let my hormones go crazy..

am i mad to take all this on now?

p.s. this site has really helped with ideas and info :lol:

Fair play to you! I don't think you are mad at all. It will be a challenge as you are going to be tired! But how proud are you going to be when you have had the baby and your business is going well. You get from life what you put in! I don't see why kids should stop us from doing things.For some people the whole world just stops and it's just kids kids kids. Well someday them kids are going to be leaving home and these people will be middle aged with nothing.
Get as much help from family and friends as possible hun and rest at every opportunity. Good luck with it... it's people like you that deserve it! xxx

Fair play to you! I don't think you are mad at all. It will be a challenge as you are going to be tired! But how proud are you going to be when you have had the baby and your business is going well. You get from life what you put in! I don't see why kids should stop us from doing things.For some people the whole world just stops and it's just kids kids kids. Well someday them kids are going to be leaving home and these people will be middle aged with nothing.
Get as much help from family and friends as possible hun and rest at every opportunity. Good luck with it... it's people like you that deserve it! xxx

ive been running around this week so im resting today...

i do understand what you mean though.. i know loads of people who see children as a life stopper.. but il be so happy if all goes well so all this stress and tiredness will be worth while....
im so excited and cant wait for when i open the salon

thanks

it was during my pregnancies that i became most ambicious ! I want my children to have everything ! Good luck to you! You are going to set a fantastic example to your kids ! Its so satisfying to be able to say im a successful working mum !

Good luck with it and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy x x

it must be something about hormones then... im really determined to get it off the ground

thanks for your replies i feel like its more acheivable now :)

i do understand what you mean though.. i know loads of people who see children as a life stopper..

thanks

I felt like this when I had my children. My youngest is 3 and will start nursery in september... thats when i'm hoping to start college to do a NVQ in beauty therapy. I'm wanting to take charge of MY life again for once! My hubby tells me i'm being selfish, but I dont think i am...I WANT this more than i've wanted anything else before and I'm going to take the oppertunity to do so.

theres nothing selfish about wanting to provide for your children, and beauty therapy can be as flexible as you need it to be! Alot of my clients are done in the evenings when my children are in bed, or at nursary!

x

good luck with it... and you have to do whats best for you...i was told by loads of people not to risk but i did...

im going to do a course in spray tanning ive just been searching the net for one.. its quite scary even short courses becausei havent been in a class or course for years...

hope it all goes well and it is true that after your be so happy with what you've done

I think what your doing is great too. I recently started working in a salon. I only do two half days and all day saturdays as my two are quite young still. My eldest was 3 in january and my youngest has just turned 1. I started my training last year, started my course at college in the september when I was 8 weeks pregnant, and the course was 39 weeks long! So I had to work hard and get all my assessments in. I managed to finish and get signed off the week before I had her! And I been doing my second year this year and have just finished. Its great being at work, but luckily enough I work for myself so I can fit work in around the kids :) xx

I think what your doing is great too. I recently started working in a salon. I only do two half days and all day saturdays as my two are quite young still. My eldest was 3 in january and my youngest has just turned 1. I started my training last year, started my course at college in the september when I was 8 weeks pregnant, and the course was 39 weeks long! So I had to work hard and get all my assessments in. I managed to finish and get signed off the week before I had her! And I been doing my second year this year and have just finished. Its great being at work, but luckily enough I work for myself so I can fit work in around the kids :) xx

one of my main motives my children so i just went for it.....but i cant imagine doing a course and finishing just before your due date it must have been hard i can imagine how hard it would have been im so tired now but at 30 +weeks :eek:
i can imagine how proud you was... when you acheive things its even better if you've struggled for it my grandma told me that:lol:

Yeah it was kind of tough going! I struggled quite a bit doing the pedicures with a MASSIVE bump in the way! lol But I got there! I actually finished 3 days before my due date, but because she was 6 days late, it was a week before, lol! I am just thankful that the first year wasnt acrylics because I dont think I could of done it. Because mine was an evening course, everytime we opened the bins, the stink of it from the day time class was awful! I nearly puked everytime I opened it! lol

yeah i can imagine :eek:

You must all have a lot of help from Grandparents. I am just starting to go mobile and have an 18 month old, I seriously dont know where i will fit my clients in, if i have any.lol Im just taking one step at a time. I Need a master class in juggling a toddler and work as well as home life.lol

Unfortunately I dont get help from grandparents! One set lives only 30 mins - but its their choice, the other set live in Spain and the other set in Ireland! But I have a fantastic partner :green:

Latest posts

Back