Recommendations for building web site, etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah P

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently qualified as a Nail Technician and am setting up a little salon in our spare bedroom so I can work round the children.

I am just after ideas on where to go to get a website etc. There's so much info on the internet and I just don't know where to turn to get a company logo, website built etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've looked at doing business cards on Vistaprint with a generic nail photo, but am wondering if it will look more professional having something made bespoke. Where do I go? And is it going to cost me a fortune?

Hiya,

I am of the opinion that something bespoke is so much better and doesn't have to cost a lot. Loads of fellow geeks off of here use Carl from Verve Designs - he comes back off holiday on Thursday. Drop him an e-mail and I am sure he will get back to you [email protected]

For websites again I recommend Salon Alchemy as the owner of the system is actually a fellow geek and many geeks use her package. The prices for this are on her homepage. All design etc gets done but you have a system where you can login and do all the text etc yourself and change it, add pages etc as and when you want. www.salonalchemy.net

I've posted previously on this but have a look on www.peopleperhour.com

You can have Wordpress sites set up from £65. Wordpress is dead easy to use and update. You can also make the theme you use bespoke by changing font etc.
: http://www.peopleperhour.com/hourlie/link/12550 - I can design/develop professionial wordpress we...

There's also people offering design, logos, business plans, SEO...... You name it!

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. It's so confusing when there is so much choice out there, and obviously I don't want to waste my money on the wrong company.

I have heard only good things about Carl at Verve and have already liked his FB page. I'll drop him a line and see what he can do.

I will also take a look at those websites tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Back