Refunding a course of treatments if cancelled

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamikate

Reaction score
If a client books a course of treatments with you then has to cancel part way through the course, do you refund the remainder? I always refund the remaining amount after minusing the treatments they've used, plus I always refund immediately in full. I ask this question because I recently bought a course of 6 facials with a therapist. I've had 2 facials, I now have to cancel the course as my circumstances have changed. She's told me that I should know a course is not refundable. However, she has agreed to refund me in part over a period of 4 months, so she will have paid me back by June(!!). She has no literature, contract, website or anything which states a course is non-refundable. I wonder if I'm unusual in my practices towards my own clients. I feel I don't dare complain to her in case she decides to not refund at all.

A course of treatments usually isn't refundable.
The course makes each treatment cheaper than it would usually be because the person buys in bulk.
So if you refund what they've used at normal full price then depending on how many they've used it may not even make sense.

Unless there's a clear refund policy, she is not obliged to refund you a penny as the contract is that you pay in full for a course of treatments to avail of the discount. That's basic contract law.

If she offers you a refund on the unused portion of the course, then I think you're doing well.

Your refund policy makes no real business sense to me unless you automatically deduct an amount to cover a percentage of your lost profit.

Latest posts

Back