Removal of Gelish with Swarovski crystals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee_geeee

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive recently bought my first batch of crystals and going to do them on my own nails first to see how they last, just wondering how you remove them with gelish under them?
also,
what do you all charge for crystals?

I just wrap them in acetone as usual and the polish underneath will lift and the crystals come off with the polish. Sometimes can take a little longer if crystals are covering the whole nail x

File the crystals down a bit until they are like flatter, that will speed it up x

Don't file them because if you haven't used glue you can most likely reuse the crystals on the customers next set. Just file the topcoat around them and then soak off with heat.

For gelish and crystals I continue with normal steps for gel, top it off, wipe tacky layer. Lightly buff the nail and then apply diamonds keeping glue well away from the diamond, one dot of glue, one diamond and repeat. I get 6 weeks out of my diamonds with out loosing any.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440861950.959720.jpg

3 week growth photo, over acrylics though but shows how they last. For an infill I try prep the new nail as best I can, remove shine and fill in the gap to last them another 3 weeks, then after 6 weeks of having them on I pop them off with cuticle nippers (takes time) then Infill my 6 week growth x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440862172.832053.jpg

Again client 7 week growth with no diamonds off! Best method ever

I just wrap them up as normal in foils , they come off with the gel. [emoji106]

For gelish and crystals I continue with normal steps for gel, top it off, wipe tacky layer. Lightly buff the nail and then apply diamonds keeping glue well away from the diamond, one dot of glue, one diamond and repeat. I get 6 weeks out of my diamonds with out loosing any.

Which glue do you use? I'm impressed they last that long!

Sallys resin let me see if I can get a pic of the one I use x

Can't see one I'll get one tomorrow for you but it's the white bottle with black label x

I used glue on myself and they just pop off after a few days when I catch them on my hair or doing something else, I always have to put a topcoat over to ensure they last but this spoils the look sometimes [emoji17]

I use different glues, just whatever nail glue I'm using at that time then put a topcoat around them with a nail art brush and they never come off X

Latest posts

Back