Removal of l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly H

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site. Really great to be able to communicate with other Techs. I would like to know how and why some techs put aluminium foil around nails before putting into an acetone bath. I usually have hot water in a bowl and then place a smaller bowl of acetone inside for the client to place her nails. Does the foil make this quicker? Kelly H

Hi Kelly,

I think you have misunderstood. The foil method does not involve an acetone bath. The procedure is to put a nail wipe with acetone on it around the nail and then wrap the nail in foil - I hope that helps a bit. Please also have a look at the Quicksoak Bowl method of removal - www.naturalnailsbyfiona.co.uk/quicksoak.htm

Hi Kelly

I use the foil method just because I prefer it - I think it works just as quickly (especially when you introduce heat).

I don't wrap the nails in foil then in an acetone bath - I soak a cotton wool ball/pad in remover, cover the nail with it, then wrap the finger in in foil. Tuck the hand under warm mitts, in a warm towel, etc. and wait 30 mins.

It's an ideal method if you only want to soak one finger as you can still work on the rest.

HTH
Trin
xx

Kelly H said:
Hi, I'm new to this site. Really great to be able to communicate with other Techs. I would like to know how and why some techs put aluminium foil around nails before putting into an acetone bath. I usually have hot water in a bowl and then place a smaller bowl of acetone inside for the client to place her nails. Does the foil make this quicker? Kelly H

Thanks for your help.

I love doing it the foil way to remove my tips... and it means I can surf while waiting (but I do only do one hand at once lol!) I have Fiona's quicksoak bowl which is great if there is an episode of Corra I need to catch up on otherwise it bugs the hell out of me just to sit and twiddle my fingers in acetone. Oooo I am so impatient!

I use my finger spas (there's a thread on here about them somewhere) and I think theyr ace !
My ladies also love them ( bit of novelty factor as well !!) & this week I've had 2 ladies wanting to soak their nails off with my pod things !!! He hhhe heee!
They only needed a bloody rebalance but they wanted to ave a go !! MAD WELSH WOMEN ~!!!! Didn't let them ( meanie that I am !) but told em to save their money cos they didnt need to !!!
Each to their own I suppose , but I luv these little darlins !!
lol jayneym xx

Latest posts

Back