Removing treatments from list??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noo

Reaction score
Hi there

Has anyone removed any treatments from their list because they just simply don't enjoy doing them?

I'm finding make-up and dealing with brides increasingly soul-destroying and not sure whether to just remove make-up from my list of treatments.

I've had loads of successful bookings but I always seem to dwell on the couple of brides who have been unsure of the make-up 'my eye make-up has aged me' or 'the make-up shows my lines on my head' or 'my eyes aren't dark enough' .... it just leaves me feeling hopeless and really disappointed even though I have been recommended to loads of people on back of make-up applications.

I'm finding make-up tricky in that I think they think I can actually make them look like jennifer lopez or amanda holden etc etc - aarrghh -

The think is I get loads of treatments on back of bridal booking - spray-tan, acrylics etc so it might be bad move to remove make-up for that reason but I'm just not enjoying it (got loads in diary until end of year - dreading them...)

anyone else feel like this about a particular treatment and what have they done?
x

Yes hun I did exactly the same and removed my make up treatments from my menu.
I just don't enjoy doing it. Everyone usually has something to moan about and I used to go home worrying. They do seem to think you are a miracle worker and I just cant be bothered with it to be honest.
I do pass the make-up clients onto my friend who will ONLY do their make-up as she doesn't think it is fair to steal them off me for other treatments.
xxx

are these ladies having a practice run ?
should be worked out then and then you both know its going to be o.k on the day.

i used to work within the bridal industry and brides are hypersensitive about the tiniest little thing on their wedding day when they wouldnt give it a second thought another time.

use the practice run to get feedback from them as to what theyd like done differently and then it should be less stressful for you both on the big day.

I done my make up course last month and to be honest i didn't enjoy the course that much whether it was because the tutor was useless or because i don't enjoy it. I haven't added it onto my list just yet because i haven't got round to getting all the Make-up which i am finding stressful to find the right products.

If I'm honest i think half the time they can do their make up themselves because i don't think its much different with make-up. Its more of the products that makes the difference.

god, it's good to hear other people have experienced the same thing!!!
That's exactly what they think you are - a miracle worker and I have found that sometimes, when I've had a really difficult bride that it has actually ruined the rest of the day for me as I have just worried all day and felt useless, crap at my job and it has really dented my confidence.
thanks for taking time to reply to my thread, it's really made me feel so much better knowing there are other people experiencing the same thing.
Thanks also for the tip about getting another therapist to take on the make-up - that would mean I could continue to get the extra work/treatments from brides while emliminating the stress caused by the make-up application!!
x:smack:

If its really stressing you and affecting you just take it off hun its not worth the hassle, as really for make up you dont generally earn that much anyway and money isnt worth the stress.

xx

yes, I have removed treatments that I don't enjoy doing off my menu, I have also done courses and the treatments have never reached the menu, mani, pedi, thai seated, korean hand, moxibustion to name a few!

yes, I have removed treatments that I don't enjoy doing off my menu, I have also done courses and the treatments have never reached the menu, mani, pedi, thai seated, korean hand, moxibustion to name a few!

wtf is moxibustion ?

I think its perfectly normal and ok to review your treatment menu. We add , delete and change our treatments (and prices!) at they very least once a year. We dont have makeup on our list primarily because of the agravation it seems to cause! Concentrate on the treatments you enjoy. x

wtf is moxibustion ?
its a traditional chinese method of introducing heat into the body via the surface of the skin and I learn't it as part of my cupping course.

You would use a rolled up cigar shape of dried chrysthaneum to warm the area by circling around a specific area (usually an acupoint).

Acupuncturists use this method also, but they use more advanced techniques like having coils of this attached to acupuncture needles or directly on the skin.

its a traditional chinese method of introducing heat into the body via the surface of the skin and I learn't it as part of my cupping course.

You would use a rolled up cigar shape of dried chrysthaneum to warm the area by circling around a specific area (usually an acupoint).

Acupuncturists use this method also, but they use more advanced techniques like having coils of this attached to acupuncture needles or directly on the skin.

i say !
never heard of anything like that before.

I was thinking of doing a bridal/make up course but not sure if I want to now reading your comments!

Do you not think that it is worth the bother? I do have a full time job and have just trained in spray tanning but wanted to add bridal make up to my service.

I have done five weddings already being friends and family and never charged and thought I might as well get trained up properly and make some money from it.

Violetstar, could you pm me and tell me what make up course you did. and also, how much do you charge for bridal make up?

Thanks in advance, Jackie

I was thinking of doing a bridal/make up course but not sure if I want to now reading your comments!

Do you not think that it is worth the bother? I do have a full time job and have just trained in spray tanning but wanted to add bridal make up to my service.

I have done five weddings already being friends and family and never charged and thought I might as well get trained up properly and make some money from it.

Violetstar, could you pm me and tell me what make up course you did. and also, how much do you charge for bridal make up?

Pm'd you hun x

Babe I wouldn't be put off by our experiences. The way I see it is if YOU want to do something you will never actually know if you like/enjoy it unless you try it.
I did my course with a girl of 17 who is now being put up in a hotel in disney and is doing make-up for all the characters. She loves it and is earning a huge wage. It doesn't stop at just brides or the odd occasional client for a special occasion. You can go into theatre make-up, face painting and loads of other stuff. :hug: xxx

Thank you for that.

Yeah, I suppose I've just gotta go for it otherwise I will ever know!

Jxx

Yeah dont be put off hun at all. To be fair i havent given make up a chance on clients at all i think my main reason for not being all for make up is because my tutor wasnt good and the course wasnt but you find the right course and then thats great. I will be taking another course in make up with a bigger and better company (when i find one and decide)
xx

Yeah dont be put off hun at all. To be fair i havent given make up a chance on clients at all i think my main reason for not being all for make up is because my tutor wasnt good and the course wasnt but you find the right course and then thats great. I will be taking another course in make up with a bigger and better company (when i find one and decide)
xx

If you are looking for a really good person to teach you make-up then have a look at this link hun.
sushma pugalia : make-up artist

This lady taught me and she does work for models, actresses and adverts for all the different make-up brands you see on t.v. You will learn so much from her! xxx

If you are looking for a really good person to teach you make-up then have a look at this link hun.
sushma pugalia : make-up artist

This lady taught me and she does work for models, actresses and adverts for all the different make-up brands you see on t.v. You will learn so much from her! xxx

Thanks hun..can u pm me prices of course and where it is?

Doesnt mention that info on the website xx

Thanks hun..can u pm me prices of course and where it is?

Doesnt mention that info on the website xx

Contact her on her email babe. She works at some colleges as well. Will work out cheaper that way xxx

Latest posts

Back