Rent a chair, is this too pricey?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamByChez

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Need some advice please!

I am a hair and makeup artist in Uxbridge and I've been looking for a chair to rent for a while.

The only salon I've found that is offering this is a salon inside a gym.
It's on the ground floor so there are no windows/natural light which is a bit of a bummer, the mirror in my space is tiny and there's hardly any storage space to lay out my kit for my clients.

She said the rate is £50 per day.

I think this is very pricey for location and the spot itself.

What are your thoughts?

That seems expensive to me. I'd say 20-25 per day x

I'm 75 a day in Essex plus colour and plus card machine

No way to 50 per day.....I know uxbridge a little and i would say 30...35 tops love. Depends where you are though. The rule of thumb is you pay the same daily rate as you charge for a cut & finish. Affluent areas may differ xx

It all depends where in the uk it is.

A salon "up north" is going to be cheaper, both in chair rental and pricing for your services, than one " down south"

Just keep looking, so you can build up a view on the costs in your area.

See i disagree with the north south divide....there are nice and not so nice areas all over the country. My friend lives in a beautiful smart area of manchester .......price bracket the same as essex x

I would keep looking......it's not the daily rate that is an issue, it's where it is.
I think within a gym is great for massage/waxing/facials etc..., but for what you are offering, I think you need to be seen!

You need a 'area' where folk can see you working your 'make up magic!' :D
Tucked away in a windowless room, is not going to be suitable imo.:cool:

No way to 50 per day.....I know uxbridge a little and i would say 30...35 tops love. Depends where you are though. The rule of thumb is you pay the same daily rate as you charge for a cut & finish. Affluent areas may differ xx
Hi there, does this this price of one cut and finish include any products? If so which ones? Shampoos hairsprays etc or colour? Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back