Rent a chair nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charisma

Reaction score
hi, I have had my own salon for 2 yrs now and would really like to get another stylist in. Im the only hairdresser there as there were no business when i opened. I would really like to rent a chair but not quite to sure how to go about it.:!:
I am based in a residential area so I no I cant charge a rent as high as they would in the centre.
I was just woundering if any-one had any idea wot sort of rent u would charge, or are u better doing a profit share, and if so how much, or is a mixture of both the best was to go.

would be really grateful if any1 could help
:)

Hi there, i have a village located hair & beuaty salon. With my hairdressing team i generally do a 50/50 split in takings. This then allows you to attract either someone with their own client base (may be mobile) who wants to have a permanent base or even a new stylist without a big outlay to them.

Now i do 50/50 because i have staff that takes the phone calls, books the appointments and washes hair, all they have to do is turn up cut or colour and not worry about anything else. I do all advertising, ensure we have top lines to retail and pay for all bills.

I think its a great way of growing your business without having to employ people. However, if you don't have juniors, pay the advertising etc then you can't charge 50/50 it'll have to be maybe 70/30 (70 to them). You have to base it on what you offer.

Hope this helps you on your way.

i have my own salon and at first i tried the rental...didnt work out. i couldnt charge very much ($150/mo) bc i am in a small town, but they were bringing clients into MY salon and i wasnt seeing any of the money, so i decided to switch to 50% commission and it has been alot better. although i do have to supply all of their products color etc, at least i know whats being used on our clients is quality and the 50% i receive from my stylists more than pays for everything.

thank-u both Helen Geerie and colourjunkie, thats great advice, i was thinking along the same lines but I guess i needed a bit of reasurence that i was getting it right.
I think I prefer the 50/50 option because then i guess if for some reason they end up doing one of my clients then at least im not completly out of pocket, and im still in control of what stock and products are used with-in the salon

thank-u again x
:)

Latest posts

Back