Rent increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
hi. Can you tell me what you think is an average increase in private rent? My landlord is appoint £1000 in crease per annum that’s if I sign a four year contract with him.
Advice pls

What percentage increase is that based on your current rent?

Do you mean the increase is £1000 per annum. A once only increase or the rent will go up £1000 every year

As a landlord myself, I can put the rent up to what I like but I have to be careful that I don't scare the Tennant away.

IMO it's wether you think it's worth it? Condition of building, location, lack of competition etc. You have the option to walk. A landlord would have to think hard if you made an offer as an empty shop brings in no rent and will cost him in rates. 5-10% increase is a more realistic figure. Give him the evil bitch stare and call his bluff

Do you mean the increase is £1000 per annum. A once only increase or the rent will go up £1000 every year

As a landlord myself, I can put the rent up to what I like but I have to be careful that I don't scare the Tennant away.

IMO it's wether you think it's worth it? Condition of building, location, lack of competition etc. You have the option to walk. A landlord would have to think hard if you made an offer as an empty shop brings in no rent and will cost him in rates. 5-10% increase is a more realistic figure. Give him the evil bitch stare and call his bluff

One off per annum. But I still think 15% increase over the 4 yrs is high. Although I’ve just found out that a local salon that’s council rent might be available at a fraction of the cost. Let’s see what unfolds. I’m definitely agreeing to the £1000 increase

Latest posts

Back