Rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinacrawshaw

Reaction score
Hi im renting a space in a salon in Dewsbury nr Leeds west yorkshire and am going to be changing from paying a percentage of my wage to a set weekly rent and was just wondering what the going rate is? Il be working in the salon five days a week but am a bit worried as its a bit hit and miss at mo. One week im booked up n the next nothing! So paying the rent on a bad weeks gunna be hard! Do any of you have ways around your bad days? I know rent changes from place to place, im not town center im about 10mins away. Thanx for any replys in advance x

50-75 per week should be about right for that area. It also depends on what the salon owner is prepared to do for you for that money.

For eg. Do they pay for your coffees for the customers
Do they include YOU in their advertising
Do they do your laundry or supply your towels ??
Do they buy your products
Do they take your bookings and pay for the phone

For 50 per week I wouldn't expect them to do much.
For 75 per week I would expect them to do more!!
The money they are getting is for approx 8-10 square feet of space that you take up. Not bad for the owner plus they get more exposure to new clientele from your customer base as it grows as do you from theirs.

Thanx 4 ur reply Geeg Iv got it pretty good they do supply everything for my customers and have put in a new nail bar for me! I supply all my products and buy my own leflets. What do you think about the weeks i dont earn enough? I know im still in the salon but does any1 have an agreement were if they dont earn enough they pay less? Is that tight?

Hi Tina

I'm a renter too, paying a flat rent, if I have a bad week, I pay the same, if I have a great week, I pay the same, it's swings and roundabouts!! Don't spend all your money on the great weeks so you can compensate for the bad weeks!

One suggestion...if you find that you have a regular bad week e.g. the third week in the month can be quiet as most clients are paid monthly, do some sort of 'special' (you could advertise it on an 'A Frame' outside the salon) like luxury spa manicure at half price, the products don't cost much and better to be working than twiddling your fingers even if only to cover your costs. I am sure you can think of lots of 'specials' you could offer???????????

This also encourages people who have never tried the service before who may love it and become 'regulars' and pay full price in the future....or even buy vouchers for friends to experience the pamper.

Fiona W.

nails@42ndstreet said:
Hi Tina

I'm a renter too, paying a flat rent, if I have a bad week, I pay the same, if I have a great week, I pay the same, it's swings and roundabouts!! Don't spend all your money on the great weeks so you can compensate for the bad weeks!

Cathie is absolutely right.

If you rent an apartment and go on holiday for 2 weeks, you don't expect the landlord to go with out his rent!! Come on!! You can't have it all ways. It might be nice, but itiisn't real. sounds like they are committing to you and your business ... they must have faith in you ... have faith in yourself babe.

Latest posts

Back