Rental insurance to cover you if your self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
Hi I'm just moving into my first house and wondered if there is a type of insurance I can get to cover me and my partner. We are renting. We're both self employed and I just wondered if there was a insurance to cover us if we got a serious illness and was unable to work for a while?

Not that comes to mind. Depending on the seriousness of the illness life insurance is what would be best. Most will payout with a diagnosis such as cancer etc.

Hi Puddy.
I have something called Income Protection insurance. There are various factors on how they work your quote but mine covers me after the first two weeks of not being able to work and would pay out enough to cover all my bills per week. It covers temporary disablement (e.g., broken finger) and also total disablement - something that would stop you being able to do your job for good. It's quite expensive for me but the quote would differ depending on how much you would need it to cover if you couldn't work and also how many weeks you could spare off work before the insurance kicks in.
I live in jersey so my insurance is with a local provider but if you google income protection insurance, it may give you some more info.
I hope that helps.
Sam x

Hi Puddy.
I have something called Income Protection insurance. There are various factors on how they work your quote but mine covers me after the first two weeks of not being able to work and would pay out enough to cover all my bills per week. It covers temporary disablement (e.g., broken finger) and also total disablement - something that would stop you being able to do your job for good. It's quite expensive for me but the quote would differ depending on how much you would need it to cover if you couldn't work and also how many weeks you could spare off work before the insurance kicks in.
I live in jersey so my insurance is with a local provider but if you google income protection insurance, it may give you some more info.
I hope that helps.
Sam x
That's great! Thank you so much Sam x

Latest posts

Back