Renting an entire salon to a Hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
I own the building which I operate my beauty business from and will shortly be converting part of it into a hair salon in order to rent two chairs, as means of income.

I have a potential candidate who I know well (already self employed), however she is unsure to commit to anything as she is afraid that her business would clash with who ever else decided to rent the other chair and is so particular about her own work standards/hygiene, etc.

We have discussed the possibility of allowing her to work soley for 6 months and then find someway that she could take a junior on herself (without me getting involved) so she can mould them. However, this is the bit I'm not sure about -
Would she rent both chairs of me therefore paying double but also have to pay a junior's wage which may be too much financially and may scare her off or is there another way of doing it???

The other thing I thought off was giving her a reduced rate for renting both and therefore the space would be entirely hers to do with, and with whom, she wants. Is this a reasonable proposition or is there any other way of doing it??

:confused:

Just rent the two chairs out to other hairdressers who won't be making ridiculous demands about exclusivity. How do you think other salons work who rent out chairs?

I would either rent them both to her, or rent them to other people.

Her demands aren't justified in my opinion, loads of people rent chairs and work great together, who is to say someone else's skills and hygiene aren't up to her standards anyway?

Jemima :)

Latest posts

Back