Renting space for SPMU?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm poss looking for someone to do microblading at my salon. Can anyone tell me what additions I would need ? Anything i need to provide that i may not know already know? X

You may need a special treatment licence if u don't have one already. Check online on your local council website, there will prob be a section on special treatment licence and what salon treatments require it.

You may need a special treatment licence if u don't have one already. Check online on your local council website, there will prob be a section on special treatment licence and what salon treatments require it.

Really if they rent the space though isn't that down to them? X

I'm not sure, you would have to check with the council. Where I am, it only applies to salons not mobile therapists which is really annoying as it's about £500 a year which would prob put a mobile therapist off renting the space if they had to pay that too. I have to have one for my sunbed but if I add treatments like waxing, manicure etc it will go up which is actually putting me off as someone enquired about space for microblading last month. I don't have a room but have threading chairs so more suitable for a brow and lash technician which I don't think requires extra costs on the licence but pretty sure microblading would as it's like tattooing.
I think cos it's in your salon, you would need to apply for licence.

As daydreams01 has said...check with the council.

I tried renting to a nail tech, then the council decided to bring in licences. :mad:

It would of been £400.00 a year, which I would have needed to pass on to the renter.....
She couldn't justify it, and decided to go mobile, as these do not need one!!!!! o_O
Home studio/cabins however are required to have a licence.

Jeeeze... I swear they make it more difficult for us small businesses to actually succeed !

Jeeeze... I swear they make it more difficult for us small businesses to actually succeed !
I know. Its actually so hard sometimes, it's like 2 steps forwards and one step back all the time. was actually thinking about my dog walker the other day, he makes a pretty nice living with minimal stress. He charges £12 an hour and also does overnight boarding £30 a day. He does 2 walks a day with about 6 dogs on each walk. No overheads besides petrol, doggy treats and poo bags and out in the fresh air every day! Was seriously thinking Im doing it all wrong!

I know. Its actually so hard sometimes, it's like 2 steps forwards and one step back all the time. was actually thinking about my dog walker the other day, he makes a pretty nice living with minimal stress. He charges £12 an hour and also does overnight boarding £30 a day. He does 2 walks a day with about 6 dogs on each walk. No overheads besides petrol, doggy treats and poo bags and out in the fresh air every day! Was seriously thinking Im doing it all wrong!

Haha yep! But one thing we don't have to contend with.... Doggie diarrhoea

Latest posts

Back