Rescue RXx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
.... Is it just me, or does anyone else think the Rescue Rxx smells like cocoa!
I'm having a hard time trying not to lick the brush- solar oil addiction all over again! [emoji15]

I'm using Rescue Rxx at the moment to fix my own nails and I absolutely love the smell, so much that it has me applying it 4/5/6 times a day just to get a hit :D

I get caramel [emoji39]

I'd never noticed before but just went and had a whiff.. Definitely a caramel/chocolatey smell!

It smells like cotton candy to me. YUM!

Please help.
I got rxx to use on me, because my nails are so thin I can't get even a week out of shellac. So I removed my acrylics on Friday and started the therapy.
My skin under the nail just feels so dry and stretched. It doesn't hurt but it feels awkward. Is that normal? My nails are already better though!

I need to get this. Do you find it retails well? I was a bit put off at having to buy so many tbh, would have liked to try a smaller amount first and see how they sold

This is just for bare natural nails, right? :)

RescueRxx is fantastic, my shellac ladies use in with shellac on & still get really good results.

I need to get this. Do you find it retails well? I was a bit put off at having to buy so many tbh, would have liked to try a smaller amount first and see how they sold

the CND distributor here sell stand-alone small units for private use as well. You don't even have to be a professional to get one. Yes it's mostly for natural nails use, but I hear you can also use it with shellac or regular polish, but not enhancements. But this way it only has 20% power or so, so it's better to use on natural nails for a while and then go back to polish/shellac

Does anyones have an answer for me though? Why do I get this stiffness under the nail?

I only ever retail the 15ml sized bottles in my salon so the display of that size comes with 6 bottles. I usually sell on average about one bottle a month. I don't think it's a fly out the door type product but I wouldn't be without it none the less :)

It's great for non clients (so husbands/ sisters/ mums/ friends) of your clients who mentions so and so's nails are in a bad state but they don't have time/ don't want to come into the salon etc

It's also great for people who have damaged their nails for whatever reason and want to take a break from nails :)

It works in 2 ways. It plasticises nails (like solar oil) and it deposits keratin proteins that attach themselves to the nails making the nails look and feel stronger. It is best to apply this product to bare nails as the keratin proteins cannot penetrate any nail coating. If clients are experiencing an improvement in nails whilst wearing a nail coating this is down to the plasticisers keeping the nail coating and nail plate supple and flexible. It makes more sense to just use solar oil when the client has a nail coating on as it will do the same job and it costs less.

I only ever retail the 15ml sized bottles in my salon so the display of that size comes with 6 bottles. I usually sell on average about one bottle a month. I don't think it's a fly out the door type product but I wouldn't be without it none the less :)

It's great for non clients (so husbands/ sisters/ mums/ friends) of your clients who mentions so and so's nails are in a bad state but they don't have time/ don't want to come into the salon etc

It's also great for people who have damaged their nails for whatever reason and want to take a break from nails :)

It works in 2 ways. It plasticises nails (like solar oil) and it deposits keratin proteins that attach themselves to the nails making the nails look and feel stronger. It is best to apply this product to bare nails as the keratin proteins cannot penetrate any nail coating. If clients are experiencing an improvement in nails whilst wearing a nail coating this is down to the plasticisers keeping the nail coating and nail plate supple and flexible. It makes more sense to just use solar oil when the client has a nail coating on as it will do the same job and it costs less.

noreen do you know if the stifness I get is troublesome? my nails are so much better already, but the skin feels rough

noreen do you know if the stifness I get is troublesome? my nails are so much better already, but the skin feels rough

I'm not sure I understand your problem, are you experiencing drying skin while using Rxx?

yeah sort of. the skin under the nail and on my fingertips feels rough, stressed, a bit dry sometimes. Athough that too is getting better by every application.
Can it be because of the acrylic removal and the immediate appliance of rxx?

yeah sort of. the skin under the nail and on my fingertips feels rough, stressed, a bit sry sometimes. Athough that too is getting better by every application.
I would have bought it highly unlikely that Rescue Rxx is the cause of your dry skin. What was the condition prior to you removing your L&P?

I would have bought it highly unlikely that Rescue Rxx is the cause of your dry skin. What was the condition prior to you removing your L&P?

not sure. nothing that would have me worried so. I'm highly allergic to many substances so I am quick to jump to my feet at the slightest.
I do a lot of face painting though and Friday was one of those days.
I was also printing my thesis and managed to get my hands yellow when removing one of the ink cartridges...
Can it be a combination of all these?

not sure. nothing that would have me worried so. I'm highly allergic to many substances so I am quick to jump to my feet at the slightest.
I do a lot of face painting though and Friday was one of those days.
I was also printing my thesis and managed to get my hands yellow when removing one of the ink cartridges...
Can it be a combination of all these?
It could certainly be any one or a combination of those things. Just out of curiosity, you say you have many allergies.....is lanolin one of them?

It could certainly be any one or a combination of those things. Just out of curiosity, you say you have many allergies.....is lanolin one of them?

no luckily
it's a family of antibiotics, and edible antifunghi medicine.
cow milk, grass, a certain type of bee etc etc, around 250 substances, but strangely no pollen and no other chemicals other than those 2 medicine
I had an infected cyst that caused them
haven't been to my allergiologist tbh lately, and he said that the said allergies may subside after some time. have to go check soon but I'm just so worried about my thesis. I'm presenting my search this Wednesday.

....If clients are experiencing an improvement in nails whilst wearing a nail coating this is down to the plasticisers keeping the nail coating and nail plate supple and flexible. It makes more sense to just use solar oil when the client has a nail coating on as it will do the same job and it costs less.

Do you think this is the case when wearing shellac? I have clients who are religious solar oilers but shellac only lasted 10 to 12 days. I've trialled them with rescueRXX and they get 14+ days.

I'm guessing they're getting some benefit from the tiny channels in shellac that allow solar oil to penetrate???

I didn't think it would make a difference but it seems to have done.

Do you think this is the case when wearing shellac? I have clients who are religious solar oilers but shellac only lasted 10 to 12 days. I've trialled them with rescueRXX and they get 14+ days.

I'm guessing they're getting some benefit from the tiny channels in shellac that allow solar oil to penetrate???

I didn't think it would make a difference but it seems to have done.

Is it only recently they've started improving?

I always notice that clients nails tend to last longer in summer than winter, at a guess, I think the nails don't get as dry during summer making nail coatings last longer.

But hey if it works for your clients then great! Keep doing it ;)

I'm going to try and look into this further and update the thread when I find out more ;)

yeah sort of. the skin under the nail and on my fingertips feels rough, stressed, a bit dry sometimes. Athough that too is getting better by every application.

I'm not entirely convinced the Rxx is to blame but if you do suspect an allergy you should stop using it immediately and see if things improve

Latest posts

Back