resin with glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if it is possible to do glitter tips by this method,
size and pre-talior a tip but before application to the nail use brush on resin to create a smile line then dip it into the glitter after its dried apply to the tip then go over with clear L&P.
would this encase the glitter onto the nail?

i hope you geeks can understand my question. but also sorry if it sounds like a silly one.
i have done a search to try and find my answer but i cant find it.

i would be gratfull for any help

doesnt sound like a silly question to me...not that i know the answer...

couldnt you do that once the tip was on the nail...?

Dunno babes...some clever geeks out there though who will be sure to help you

xxxxxxxx

sounds good to me, if it works then fire away, people will do it differently, do what works best for you..... diannaxxx

Yes you can use the glitter and resin this way.

Joannerowsell posted a thread on this a while back. I pm'd her about it a couple of weeks ago, as i was dying to try glitter tips on myself, but i'm all kacky handed when doing my right hand with my left, so sort of cheated with it a bit.

They looked really good afterwrds.

I painted on the resin like when doing a the white on a french manicure, dipped them in the glitter and when they were dry just dusted off the access.

I then stuck them on as usual and applied clear L&P over the glitter and pink over the nail plate.

I did use half well tips and pre-blended them before i applied the resin and glitter.

HTH

hi emma m if you look in my gallery i dipped tips in red glitter then applied them. then overlaid with gel

I`ve done these myself with gel, fibreglass and L&P.
The only thing I found was there is no longer any flexibility in the tip once the product is on it and sometimes it pulled up the tip giving it a slightly more c curve.
If you did this on a client you would have to get them in first to size up their tips and then have them back for a seond appointment to apply the tips and overlay the rest of the nail which is a bit of a pain.
Its a great way of making your own nails look good if you`re not too clever with the second hand though

Hi,

That is exactly what i have done to the tips i am wearing at the moment. I used clear tips, pre-taylored them to fit my self, then applied them to myself, then applied resin where i wanted the glitter to go, then overlayed with acrylic. I have had LOADS of coments on how nice they look.

Michelle x

What an awesome idea, I may have to try this on myself, I do great applying glitter acrylic to my left hand, but my right leaves a little something to be desired...

Latest posts

Back