Retail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Need some inspiration ... I'm salon based from this Saturday (yay!) and the owner has given me a huge retail area. Atm I stock hair extension shampoo, conditioner, protein spray, shine spray, shake and protect, balmain de tangle spray, balmain aftercare, macadamia oils and treatments, tigi and osmo stuff aswell as buying loads of sleep in rollers but it's not enough to fill this massive space she has given me, and I thought I would add some bits. The owner only retails fake bake and CND polishes etc.

Anyone got any ideas? Doesn't have to be extension specific ... The shop does all sorts of things beauty (I'm the only hair associated person) I've struck a wall and have no idea what to add lol xx

Why don't you put some gift bags together as packages and put them in view with labels of what's included, maybe some barrels, straighteners, and things like grips, hair ties, hair bands etc? Like you know those plastic stands you can get, show some off in those types of stands and some costume jewellery! Even use a doll head, do some nice curls and put in a bow or band and position all the things around it that you used to get that look to promote products?

Or do some nights out pamper type stands so, hair style stuff, hair spray, body spray, nail polish, clutch bag, jewellery or make up pallets etc?

Some of that may not be possible but hopefully give you some ideas x

tangle teezers in different varieties. Get some strut cards made up to fill the space? bun rings, crown boosters

good brushes to choose from so they can see in person and not have to order online. maybe a higher quality than in public beauty supply stores. deep conditioners. I've started using the Aquage line which I haven't used in years and loving it again. They have eye catching packaging for some of the shampoos and conditioners. you could have a section about hair health so brushes, conditioners, masks, oils, etc. Everyone wants long hair these days so helping them take care of the health of their hair, they can come to your shop

I just re-read, it looks like you have lots of treatments already!

Last edited:
I already have tangle teezers :) and loop brushes. Got my balmain catalogue the other day (dangerous!) and I saw a lovely brush retail set - might look into that. Other then that what other brushes would you recommend? Xx

I love the idea of goody bag things, maybe like pamper boxes etc. include some high quality face masks etc and pack of sleep in rollers etc? For them to keep the costs down could buy the head gear sleep in rollers to keep the cost down.

Also thought about hair accessories nice clips, combs etc and little tiaras in prom season? Anyone know where I can buy this sort if stuff too?

Thanks for all your help! :) xxx

Latest posts

Back