Reverse balayage help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozza

Reaction score
Hi i have a client who is a base 5 she had a previous reverse balayage with about 3 mounths growth. She want her base colour to a level 7. Do i lift her root with bleach first wash dry then apply colour or just put a level 8.01 with 20/vol 30/vol? Im just a bit concerned as colour does not lift colour and she wants her hair 2-3 shades lighter x suggestions plz

Do you mean reverse balayage as in dark on the bottom and light at the root?

Dark on the top light at the bottom shes about a level 10 on the ends level 5 on her root she want the root lighter about a 7 x

Are you talking like a root stretch type look? What brand of colour do you use? X

Ohh a root stretch, I would use a colour reducer on the dark area to lift out as much colour as possible and see from there

Yeah theres so many names i cant keep up lol ll try colour remover first see how it lifts then maybe if needed put an ash level 8 over the top ? X

It does get confusing doesn't it lol. Yeah I would go colour remover see how it lifts. If it's not lifted enough go in with bleach. Then go in with an 8 depending on how porous the hair is :) x

Hiya did my clients hair to i did a balayage with 30vol baby lights through the top all in foils. Wash off then toned with 7.01 10vol on the root area then 9.01 and a dash of silver igola 20vol. And she loved its pic below :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490391960158.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490391960158.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 111
Looks lovely :) well done :) x

Aww thank you have you by any chance used the igora slate grey another client of mine wants the dark root look then the silver gray ?

I have only used the dove grey and silver :) I was worried the slate grey would be too dark for my lady

My client wants this look shes already got the dark base about a 5.01 and her ends r a level 10 she wants me to retouch up her balayage then add the grey/silver ill attach what she wants below xx

Attachments

• received_10210827955349386.jpeg
    received_10210827955349386.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 52
That might be more like a lilac silver?

Yeah looks pritty dark on the pic iv got the igora grey lilac already would u suggest i use just that with 10vol for 20mins or add some igora silver to the mixture? X

I've only used the dove grey and blended into the silver, so I won't pretend I know much about them but maybe add a bit of dove grey because the silver is still quite light

Ok thank you :D i shall get some tomorrow and try it xx

Latest posts

Back