Rose gold toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJH93

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a client in a couple of weeks who would like a rose gold colour! I have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. She's a level 8 so I'm gonna do a full head of highlights and tone. I use L'oreal dialight usually. Thank you! I've attached pictures of what she sees as rose gold! Alternatively I was thinking of using a mixture of direct dyes. Maybe pink, orange and a hint of violet?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 79
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465394886.931621.jpg

She also sent me this but said it was too pink for her liking

Blonde me do a nice strawberry colour, have a look at that x

Hi hun. I dad rose gold on my hair last week mixing direct dyes...was a beautiful colour...only lasted a few washes...im on the hunt for a permanent concoction x

Hello :) thank you for the reply. What colours did you use if you don't mind me asking? X

Hi there, I have a client in a couple of weeks who would like a rose gold colour! I have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. She's a level 8 so I'm gonna do a full head of highlights and tone. I use L'oreal dialight usually. Thank you! I've attached pictures of what she sees as rose gold! Alternatively I was thinking of using a mixture of direct dyes. Maybe pink, orange and a hint of violet?

Hi Hun!

I have been searching for the same and I have come across the same answer several times which is Wella Illumina 9/43 and 8/05, I haven't used the formula myself yet though! Please let us know if you have success! Xxx

Ah thank you! I've not used wella before but I'll try it out! Thank you :) xxx

Ah thank you! I've not used wella before but I'll try it out! Thank you :) xxx
I find the whole rose gold thing So confusing!!!

Hello :) thank you for the reply. What colours did you use if you don't mind me asking? X

I used montebello IN flashy colour in orange mixed with freak direct dye in candy pink to make the coral colour and used white conditioner to pastel it. Then used the candy pink mixed with white conditioner as the pink hues/hi lites going though it if that makes sense x

I used montebello IN flashy colour in orange mixed with freak direct dye in candy pink to make the coral colour and used white conditioner to pastel it. Then used the candy pink mixed with white conditioner as the pink hues/hi lites going though it if that makes sense x
I have also easily made the coral colour with directions tangerine and flamengo pink with white conditioner...like you say, it's just finding the perfect mix with a tint that is the mission!!!

I have also easily made the coral colour with directions tangerine and flamengo pink with white conditioner...like you say, it's just finding the perfect mix with a tint that is the mission!!!
I'm on a mission today to find a mix that works so I'll keep you updated x

Yeah I know everyone's got a different version of how it should look as well! Thanks guys I'm gonna try out a few shades next week! I'll keep you updated if I find anything!

I'm on a mission today to find a mix that works so I'll keep you updated x
Yes please!!! I do want to colour my own hair rose gold and don't want it to come out too dark or orange or straight red! So tricky! Looking forward to seeing what you find! Are you doing this on yourself or a client? And are you tinting root it just toning all over? Xx

Yeah I know everyone's got a different version of how it should look as well! Thanks guys I'm gonna try out a few shades next week! I'll keep you updated if I find anything!
Yes please!!! Xx

Obviously this is quite an intense mic and on pre lightened hair but i loved it! Coral all the way!!!!
*mix*

Obviously you can mix this as pale or in any ratio I just wanted it a bit crazy xxx

Latest posts

Back