rsi and drills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has any problems with repeatative strain injury?I spent 10 weeks last year seeing a physio because my arms were so sore I couldn't lift my arms above my head and my fingers were going numb! Now I have a fairly busy home business and average 20(on a quiet week)and 35 clients(on a busy week) and I've been a tech for 15yrs,doing all my work by hand is killing me so I've been told an e-file will help reduce this stress.I just wanted some feed back on this.
Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam, I think the use of an electirc filling system would help but there are some things to look out for. Check to make sure the vibration is little or none are that the hand sets aren't too heavy. I suffered from RSI years ago too from tons of hand filling but again I can't say I was using the correct methods you may want to check out some of the tutorial on this web site to see if there are any different ways you could be holding your files. I know it would be hard after 15 years of doing the same thing, but worth a go. If you do decide to go for purchasing an electric file then make sure you get some training, they are harder than you may think and can do alot of damage in a very short time. Good luck

i use an electric file and the chances of getting rsi are reduced dramatically especially if you get a good electric file. The man who taught me had rsi he has been doing nails for 20 years and the electric file has been gods gift

Electric nail files are only dangerous in the hands of someone who has not been trained properley. The other dau a client came in who had enhancements on from a salon where they had made her nail bleed by overfiling with a manual file, so it just goes to show, in the hands of an untrained person even manual files can be dangerous.

Latest posts

Back