Rude customers/people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilvikki

Reaction score
Just needing a little rant..lol..
So I rent a small nail salon, only me there. I also work part time on a rota basis 15 hrs a week, so not at the shop everyday.I have lots of regular customers who are keeping me busy and understand my situation and hopefully i will be able to go full time end of this year after 2 1/2 years building it up :)
Just locking up today and a random lady comes walking up with a dog, & said oh you do a tally open then?!
To which I replied politely with my answer as above. Gave her a leaflet and said if you would like to book just give me a call and I can book you in.
She then said 'oh well i think you could do with a big sign saying that you ain't here all the time to let people know'. ( I used to put my times in the window when I 1st opened but unfortunately got burgled so don't anymore)
Then she said 'do you own this or rent it?? Do you even make enough money to cover your bills and rent?!
How rude!! I just said I'm sorry but I think that's a little bit personal & I never discuss anything like that with customers. I was so shocked!
Has anyone ever had this before? Some people are so rude lol...

Vikki x

Haha what a nosey cow (her not you!)

Don't let her wind you up though she's probably just miserable and wanted to take you down with her-misery loves company.

I rent a room and had two days off for a small operation and one or two clients just couldn't get their heads round the fact I was having a couple of days off!

Think some people would like to see you chained to the desk [emoji23][emoji23] xx

That's so true, I don't think people realise that we have a life too.
I live around the corner too and iv never seen her before...i'm glad
Some people never fail to amaze me...haha!

If you had been open she still would not have had her nails done. Can you imagine her as a client? I'm in the US, what does tally open mean?

If you had been open she still would not have had her nails done. Can you imagine her as a client? I'm in the US, what does tally open mean?
I'm think it's a typo and she means you do actually open then.

:)

I'm in the UK and I didn't know what it meant either Suzanne!

She is absolutely the epitome of the type of client you don't want - let's hope she doesn't come back at the end of the year [emoji33] xx

Sorry yeah its a typo didn't realise until you just said, Was supposed to say actually lol.

Sorry yeah its a typo didn't realise until you just said, Was supposed to say actually lol.
Ahh.. Ok... Sometimes I have to Google these things....lol

I had a new client ask what my turnover was :eek::eek::eek:........
How long had I had the business?....and why I had so few staff......o_O

She loved her hair, but after agonising over how to 'sack' her mobile hairdresser, she decided I wasn't worth the risk!!!!! :p

I'd never dream of asking anyone questions like that, obvs we don't all think the same!x

Latest posts

Back