Sales targets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
I work on my own and until I took on a premium skincare brand two years ago I never retailed any products. I have found that it has been easier to retail since taking on Decleor but could always do better but I've never been into the hard sell! I'm about to take on a second skincare brand environ and the advanced nutrition programme and it has reignited the urge to up my retail! I am getting quite busy and the only other way for me to make additional money without opening more hours is to push the retail! Having staff is not an option.

I just wondered for those with sales target what targets are set for you/ what do you set yourself?
I like to try and challenge myself so like to have it set out as I find it pushes me more.
What do you class as a good week/months sales figures?
Everywhere I have worked before there has been no push for retail so I have no idea!

We stock quite a few brands, and all i can say is every client is a potential buyer, even if they are tagging along with a friend. You have to chance to upgrade every client.

Our sales technique differs with every client;
You ideally need to not be pushy but just super informative- dont bore their ears off (like i do sometimes!)
Always test it out, rave about it and actually take time to show them how great it is. Do your own before and afters.
Offer your own incentives- if you sell x amount per week you can treat yourself to a day off etc! (if only hey!)
At our skin analysis days we spend the whole day showcasing all our products, even a solar oil!
Finally make sure your client leaves with a product, if you undercut yourself by one pound or 50p just do it, you make a sale, close the deal.
If you get a truly resistant client and feel like its slipping away remind the client that your offering it right now compared to a few days and you have the genuine article and you can price match some of these online sites (usually marked up higher anyways!) with out the option of delivery!

At the moment our target is to sell a starter kit to every facial client. Good luck xoxo

Can I just ask how you find working with Decleor ? Do clients like the facials ? Does it sell itself ? Sorry for all the questions. I am looking at changing facial brands and they are top of my list to take on at the moment.

Thank you for your reply wonder woman :)

Can I just ask how you find working with Decleor ? Do clients like the facials ? Does it sell itself ? Sorry for all the questions. I am looking at changing facial brands and they are top of my list to take on at the moment.

I absolutely love Decleor and so do my clients! I sell a fair amount and that's without pushing it! My clients love the facials they feel so pampered and they are sooo relaxing.
I just love doing facials and wanted a second skincare range along side the Decleor which is totally different and I have found it with environ!
Have you had a rep out to see you about Decleor?

Thank you for your reply wonder woman :)

I absolutely love Decleor and so do my clients! I sell a fair amount and that's without pushing it! My clients love the facials they feel so pampered and they are sooo relaxing.
I just love doing facials and wanted a second skincare range along side the Decleor which is totally different and I have found it with environ!
Have you had a rep out to see you about Decleor?

Yes, and the rep was lovely, she wasn't pushy at all and told me to look at all my options before i made my choice. My only problem is I have Dermalogica at the moment and feel that I am not supported very well. We really struggle selling the retail and facials (too many salon`s in the area using this brand) I have spoke to my rep so many times all she says is you all need more training on the products. Not very helpful, no one near me does Decleor so thought it would be good to bring something new in that no one near me has. Have you looked at Elemis ? A few clients have asked me to look at this brand.

Yes, and the rep was lovely, she wasn't pushy at all and told me to look at all my options before i made my choice. My only problem is I have Dermalogica at the moment and feel that I am not supported very well. We really struggle selling the retail and facials (too many salon`s in the area using this brand) I have spoke to my rep so many times all she says is you all need more training on the products. Not very helpful, no one near me does Decleor so thought it would be good to bring something new in that no one near me has. Have you looked at Elemis ? A few clients have asked me to look at this brand.

Yes I don't think needing more training is the problem sounds more like over saturation in your town.

There is no one else near me who use Decleor and I have found this a very good thing. It has brought in new clients and all my existing clients are loving it.

The training for Decleor is great and at no extra cost. You get your rep visits to keep you updated. There is always a promotion on to help to you retail and get clients in for treatments. They help you with all your advertising and promo materials.

I've did briefly look into elemis but a salon in the town uses it and the prices are higher than Decleor. Also if I remember rightly you had to have a salon with 2 treatment rooms and staff but don't quote me on that as this was a fair while ago now. Elemis do have the biotec machine which Decleor don't have.
I have quite a few clients who don't like elemis so I'm really glad I went for Decleor.

My advice is to always retail what you use yourself. That way you are never selling. It is just like recommending to a friend. Retail sales accounts for 43% of income at my salon.

Latest posts

Back