Salon additionals (not the norm) - wow factor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushbeauty

Reaction score
Hi guys just taught it would be nice to share ideas on what you might consider to have been revolutionary or if you want to call them more personal, changes and experiences to your salons in order to add a cut above the rest or to give your salon just something that little bit different and make you stand out and be more memorable...

Just something I think we could all use to help inspire each other, push each other to be better and to constantly try and provide our clients with things we think they will appreciate and what works..

It doesn't always have to be something that costs loads- it's just to have that initial taught

Just to throw out some of my idea's and get the ball rolling we done the following-

-Borrow a Brolly

-Mindfullness colouring in Books

-iPads to search hair ideas

-Private Goals Setting Sheets

-Ordering lunches in from local restaurants

See nothing too expensive- just small taught that make the difference .

Would love to hear and see al of yours

Love Jan x

-

Yeah, we do brollys, I buy them in Poundland and choose colours which vaguely match our branding. Never get them back though - I had one back, but perhaps the rest just break on the way home?

We do posh drip filter coffee. We make it with a hario v60 filter, serve it black, on a tray and give clients a little jug of milk which we warm slightly by standing it in a bowl of boiling water while the coffee drips through. Clients never say "can I have one of your lovely coffees" though but they do appreciate our collection of herbal teas. I've got a display selection box stuffed with Pukka teas. I tell them that Sebastian Pole (director of Pukka and herbalist tea designer) works down the road which adds a little something I think. I give clients a teapot shaped dish for their spoon and biscuit on their tray and serve the tea in a little teapot. I bought our mugs from TKMaxx, they're National Trust and look pretty I think, I bought plain jugs and teapots online to co-ordinate with the mugs. Oh and I'm weird, I polish our teaspoons with stainless steel polish so they are nice and shiny.

We have little 2 biscuit packs, you know those caramel things. One little Biccie is never enough, I get those from poundland as well.

We do a lot of intimate waxing and we have a little bedside table with wet wipes and tissues (for client fingers) and wrapped sweets and tell clients to have one when they dress and they often do.

We have tampons, hairspray, deodorant and a clean hairbrush in the loo and folded up flannels to use as individual hand towels.

We do iPads and use it to direct clients to our website. We also have Pinterest boards for ideas. I think we could make more of that though, we don't often tell clients that it's there. You've prompted me to make more of an effort. Thanks.

We try hard with our music, we don't play stuff people know. I had a client tell me she was struggling for mood music for her wedding and I played her an album during her pre wedding facial and she went out and bought the same one. I've got another album which if clients comment I'll tell them that it's a female composer playing her own music which goes down well. I hand out those details a lot too.

I think the key to making your salon special is to focus on the needs of your target market, whoever that might be. Don't try to be all things to everyone.

Home Salon:
My target market is the mature client who is willing to pay for a high quality service and isn't interested in haggling my prices down or cheap offers.
I work from home and so all my clients receive 1:1 attention for the duration of their appointment.
They can have nice coffee/tea and occasional cake if I've made one but what they appreciate is having 100% of my attention focused on them and they lead the conversation or not, if they prefer to be quiet.

These are the clients that actively dislike visiting a high street salon as they don't like the noise and bustle and people chatting about popular TV programmes and celebrities they've never heard of. They're not interested in social media (most don't do Facebook) other than keeping in touch with family and friends they actually know well.

Yeah, we do brollys, I buy them in Poundland and choose colours which vaguely match our branding. Never get them back though - I had one back, but perhaps the rest just break on the way home?

We do posh drip filter coffee. We make it with a hario v60 filter, serve it black, on a tray and give clients a little jug of milk which we warm slightly by standing it in a bowl of boiling water while the coffee drips through. Clients never say "can I have one of your lovely coffees" though but they do appreciate our collection of herbal teas. I've got a display selection box stuffed with Pukka teas. I tell them that Sebastian Pole (director of Pukka and herbalist tea designer) works down the road which adds a little something I think. I give clients a teapot shaped dish for their spoon and biscuit on their tray and serve the tea in a little teapot. I bought our mugs from TKMaxx, they're National Trust and look pretty I think, I bought plain jugs and teapots online to co-ordinate with the mugs. Oh and I'm weird, I polish our teaspoons with stainless steel polish so they are nice and shiny.

We have little 2 biscuit packs, you know those caramel things. One little Biccie is never enough, I get those from poundland as well.

We do a lot of intimate waxing and we have a little bedside table with wet wipes and tissues (for client fingers) and wrapped sweets and tell clients to have one when they dress and they often do.

We have tampons, hairspray, deodorant and a clean hairbrush in the loo and folded up flannels to use as individual hand towels.

I love that you polish the teaspoons! It gives me the boak if someone gives me a grotty stained teaspoon!

It’s funny reading this. I’ve been into salons with disgusting toilets that don’t have a card machine. I’d be happy with a good haircut, clean toilet and card machine.

Lovely reading some of the things you all offer x

Latest posts

Back