Salon + Mobile can both work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhubarb

Reaction score
I have a salon which has been open for 2.5 years. I now have 7 staff in total (some part time). I am keen to keep the business growing and was thinking/debating whether to offer a couple of the treatments as mobile (within a radius of the salon) for instance pedicures, spray tanning and manicures. We have clients who have small children and although they want to come to the salon, they cant and it isnt great to have crying babies there either :). I had thought about offering a morning a month for mums and toddlers, but I dont feel that it would work out or be worth putting off other clients for. Thoughts please!

I mentioned it to my therapists who were all happy to have time out at clients houses. At present, we are working at about an 85-90% capacity - usual story - I have hired more staff as we had waiting lists on most days with 3 therapists on so now I have 4 on most days, we are generating more money (its been the right decision), its all going in the right direction, but then clients always want their appointments at the same time so there are patches that are not busy and that makes me stressed!!! I would set a minimum price say £50-60 that they would have to commit to booking (payable in advance over phone) and may only have 2 therapists that offer the service. Is this a no brainer, I'm not sure - I dont want to detract from the salon, but I also want market share! Thoughts please!

I would think this would work but you would need to have a premium charge for this as the travel time would be loosing you money and you could end up with all your clients wanting home visits otherwise. Also think about how it would work timings wise, I'm not sure how it would work with regards to a therapist working mobile and in the salon but having separate mobile therapists would work. Keeping the diary would be quite complicated though it they were to do both mobile and salon work. :hug:

I know, we have Premier at the salon which is great from a scheduling point of view but you are right, they would have to be "mobile" or "salon" based on particular days and we would have to charge mileage (we do for wedding makeup done at their homes/hotels). I was mobile in London for 6 years and had a great time - but it was just me and that was my focus......Lots to think about......:idea:

I offered a mobile service when i opened my very first salon, it was great until the therapist that did most of the mobile work, started her own mobile business...:mad::mad: with my clients.

she said: (well they were never really your clients as i was the therapist that did the treatments!!! its not like i handed cards out at work!)

thats how she saw it!:mad:

i never saw this coming!! so never protected myself in the form of a contract. so generally its a great idea, but remeber to get something drawn up at the solicitors! you dont want to be setting up a business for someone else. good luck:)

I know, we have Premier at the salon which is great from a scheduling point of view but you are right, they would have to be "mobile" or "salon" based on particular days and we would have to charge mileage (we do for wedding makeup done at their homes/hotels). I was mobile in London for 6 years and had a great time - but it was just me and that was my focus......Lots to think about......:idea:

What? Premier won't let you have the same therapist do some treatments mobile and some salon based on the same day???
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back