Salon position and software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojjo_hair_nails

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Just a quick question I'm opening a hair and beauty salon and just wondering does anyone have any advice on what software and till system? Or what are you all running?

I have previously worked with poorest and loved it but atm am not in a position to fork out for it just yet.

I know some people find schedul very good...just u sure on how I can link this up to point of sale ??

Any advice please and thank x

I use Ovatu and use the Mpop cash drawer/receipt printer and scanner. It's compact and runs on iPad or android tablet. Ovatu is fab and low cost with excellent support.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498939715.280944.jpg

Thank you I will have a look now always any advice on card payment systems....was thinking of going with sum up

I'm with sum up and can't fault them, transactions are processed quickly and money is transferred within 2 working days.
I've been with Barclays, RMS and streamline and all were slow to transfer money into my business account.

I have the same as Beautyxperts and run iZettle for payments and Ovatu

i dont know if i am allowed to say this but i can set you up with a free trial with a very well respected company based in uk. they are very good.

if i have broke the rules sorry : 0

i dont know if i am allowed to say this but i can set you up with a free trial with a very well respected company based in uk. they are very good.

if i have broke the rules sorry : 0
I'm in the south of Ireland is it available here and if you could send me on some more details...aorry about the late reply...being up to my eyes setting up the new salon

Hi, if you're starting up a small salon, you could give baxus a try too - there's a free 30 day trial which is a good way to work out if it works for you. It's a good price but still has lots of features, including point of sale.
Good luck with getting everything set up, and congratulations on opening your own place!

Hey everyone

Just a quick question I'm opening a hair and beauty salon and just wondering does anyone have any advice on what software and till system? Or what are you all running?

I have previously worked with poorest and loved it but atm am not in a position to fork out for it just yet.

I know some people find schedul very good...just u sure on how I can link this up to point of sale ??

Any advice please and thank x

Hey there Jo,

clientdiary.com is a great piece of software. Super simple to use but has all of the tools you'll need. No restrictions on staff etc and a great price. Good luck.

I wouldn't recommend buying a software product to manage your data by a company based outside of the UK as there are lots of choices within the UK and you could be in breach of UK Data Protection Laws if the data is exported to outside the EU.

Latest posts

Back