Salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsy

Reaction score
Any recommendations for some salon software which is not too complicated and doesn't cost the earth. Thanks in advance

Ovatu. I've moved to this from much more expensive software and it's fabulous x

I use shedul. It's free an easy to use.

I also use shedul and love it! I didn't get on with ovatu and didn't like the layout and overall look of it so switched to shedul which is so easy to use! It's constantly in development at the moment and if you sign up now then your account is free forever :)

Shedul it's amazing xxx

One piece of advice, before using any software ask them about how easy it is to get your data out. We are trying to work through some issues at the moment with a few customers who basically have years worth of data trapped in another system that refuses to allow them to export it, even when users contact their support teams and ask to get their data out and they straight up say NO. Or other companies I know encrypt the data to make it very difficult for anyone else to read.

One piece of advice, before using any software ask them about how easy it is to get your data out. We are trying to work through some issues at the moment with a few customers who basically have years worth of data trapped in another system that refuses to allow them to export it, even when users contact their support teams and ask to get their data out and they straight up say NO. Or other companies I know encrypt the data to make it very difficult for anyone else to read.

UK Data Protection laws would cover this.

Hello Magsy,

I work with Zenoti We're a cloud based software that caters to over 6000 spas, salons, medical spas, fitness and yoga studios in 36 countries.
If you're looking for an easy software that gets the job done, do look us up, www.zenoti.com.

UK Data Protection laws would cover this.

Yes, but most salon software companies are not UK companies, it would be a very expensive process to try and take it up with them and most people only discover it's a problem when they need their data out I know some of these companies operate in the UK.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your comments. I am torn between ovary and shedul. Do they both store all client data and have the ability to send out text and email messages ? Thank you

You are better off buying the actual software & owning it rather than using a third party service seeing as who knows just what they do with your personal data which can be sold to others. Your data should be kept private & personal seeing as your logs will contain clients names,numbers,addresses etc. It will be your responsibility to keep your data private & using these on-line "free" services could lead you in to a whole new class of legally binding drama in the future. Nothing is free so I would think twice b4 sending private information about my clients out in to the matrix. I used to use pro-salon. Check out salons that are closing, you may be able to buy used software or an older version of said software for a good price.

Does anyone use SetMore? Seems like a simple free app. Wondering how it compares to Shedul

Salon IQ is very good, we have used it for a year now, always been pleased x

You are better off buying the actual software & owning it rather than using a third party service seeing as who knows just what they do with your personal data which can be sold to others. Your data should be kept private & personal seeing as your logs will contain clients names,numbers,addresses etc. It will be your responsibility to keep your data private & using these on-line "free" services could lead you in to a whole new class of legally binding drama in the future. Nothing is free so I would think twice b4 sending private information about my clients out in to the matrix. I used to use pro-salon. Check out salons that are closing, you may be able to buy used software or an older version of said software for a good price.
Any reputable company is going to protect your information. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of 'free' as I like someone to be answerable. Any reputable company is going to encrypt and protect your data thoroughly. Many now use online payments for booking fees as well which have bank level encryption.

Vic x

There are a few options on the economic side of the scale. Baxus.com costs about $4/ week/ user. Then Shedul which is free. You simply signup and start using it. These are web-based options.
Hope this helps!

clientdiary.com is $5 a week for unlimited staff. Has everything required.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Justyne from Shedul :) Hope you don't mind me chipping in but thought I could help.

Your data is your data and it won't be shared or sold with anyone or any third parties. You can check the privacy terms on the website.

The free for life accounts are only for those who sign up early as our way of saying "thank you" as we develop new features that have been requested by users.

At the rate we're growing, we'll be here for a very long time + we're funded by Silicon Valley investors so we're not going anywhere :)

PS even if a business charges, it doesn't mean they are operated smoothly and will not go out of business x

What device do you use the system on? Looking into shedul at the min

What device do you use the system on? Looking into shedul at the min
Shedul's cloud based so you can work on any device, anytime, any where. We do recommend you use Chrome for desktop though as it's by far the most reliable and stable web browser :D

Where does schedul store the data? Uk?

Latest posts

Back