Salon upstairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigi Browns

Reaction score
My hair salon is in a great location in the centre of town, it has a car park right outside that is always busy, however no one knows where we are!! We have five signs outside (mainly at a higher level) and yet no one can see us. Looking into lower level signage however wondered if anyone else had a salon upstairs and how they've promoted there business.

I don't have a salon upstairs but I have one right off the beaten track, miles from anywhere. I always say that clients have to be literally led to our door.

What works?
Everything has to be covered. We regularly advertise in a local magazine. It's quite expensive but it works. We have a great website with online booking that has been extremely effective and we rank well locally. Facebook posts bring us to the attention of Facebook users but most of your monied clientele won't come through Facebook, but it gets your name out there. We do occasional leaflet drops. We have one elegant sign on the road so clients know they're in the right place.

I had a new client the other day and asked her how she heard about us and she said "you're everywhere " and that's perfect.

Vic x

I don't have a salon upstairs but I have one right off the beaten track, miles from anywhere. I always say that clients have to be literally led to our door.

What works?
Everything has to be covered. We regularly advertise in a local magazine. It's quite expensive but it works. We have a great website with online booking that has been extremely effective and we rank well locally. Facebook posts bring us to the attention of Facebook users but most of your monied clientele won't come through Facebook, but it gets your name out there. We do occasional leaflet drops. We have one elegant sign on the road so clients know they're in the right place.

I had a new client the other day and asked her how she heard about us and she said "you're everywhere " and that's perfect.

Vic x
Excellent advise thank you for that.. Advertising is really expensive but I understand the importance of doing it. Our Facebook page is very useful but feel like it's not enough. I'm thinking of actually rebranding too.
Gee x

My hair salon is in a great location in the centre of town, it has a car park right outside that is always busy, however no one knows where we are!! We have five signs outside (mainly at a higher level) and yet no one can see us. Looking into lower level signage however wondered if anyone else had a salon upstairs and how they've promoted there business.

Is your entrance at ground level dull or inviting?
I've walked past salons that are upstairs when the entrance area is scruffy because you unconsciously assume that the salon isn't very good (!) but others have tempted me to explore further when the entrance is attractive or prettily quirky. Nicely decorated, quality photographs on the walls, etc.

If possible, try and doorstep a few women on the street as they walk past and ask them for an honest opinion of your entrance area as it's sometimes difficult to see the flaws when it's your own place.

Latest posts

Back