Scarring after wax burns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makenna

Reaction score
Popped over from nails to seek some advice,
Last Wednesday I had my underarms waxed and they were quite badly burnt. For nearly 2 days I had awful pain and they were hot and red, then the peeling started.
I now have what is looking like the beginnings of scarring. Can anyone advise what to do about this? I have an appointment with a nurse on Wednesday but hoping some of you lovelies might have some suggestions?
The first pic is taken 2 days after the wax, the 2nd pic taken today.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467644962.189925.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467645009.772207.jpg

Oh bless you, that's awful! What did the salon say?

In my opinion sudacrem is your best friend. It is supposed to help with minor burns to soothe, provide a mild antiseptic and a barrier to the area.

Hopefully the nurse will give you a better answer though x

Savlon. Apply every couple of hours.

The salon said aloe Vera and cold clothes to take the heat out, but the aloe just stung a huge amount.
Unfortunately I was at a wedding over the weekend and I couldn't lift my arms. I also wouldn't dare put deodorant on so I'm probably going to be tagged in all the pictures as the stinky one [emoji17]

Sorry I can't help but I just wine to say how awful that is ?!! I don't understand why people don't test the wax first ! That my worse nightmare so I constantly test my wax xxxx

Oh bless you, that looks so painful, it looks really bruises on the first picture too. Hopefully the nurse can offer some good advice, and I hope it's better soon xx

Don't worry too much.

You're young, the skin damage is superficial though obviously painful. You're healing quickly.

The advice to minimise scarring is mostly focused around moisturising. Savlon will soothe and moisturise, healgel is an aloe based moisturiser and now that the skin is not broken it won't cause pain.

Presently you're healing and it is too early to worry about scarring other than taking special care of your delicate skin. If it concerned you later then dermatix or silicone sheets are available on prescription. I really doubt you will need them.

It actually looks very good considering the original appearance. Your body is doing a great job of looking after itself.

This happens to me regularly. Talc helps to stop it sticking to itself. It's never been down to the heat but to the removal technique and going over the area more than once. I'm a lot older than you but no scarring x

I burnt my forearm quite severely last year, I ended up with daily dressings and trips to the burn unit and I was terrified it would scar badly... now.. you can literally only see it when it is wet! After the dressings came off I used a mix of bapanthem and salon and after it had COMPLETELY healed vit e moisturiser. I hope it's not too painful xx

Don't worry too much.

You're young, the skin damage is superficial though obviously painful. You're healing quickly.

The advice to minimise scarring is mostly focused around moisturising. Savlon will soothe and moisturise, healgel is an aloe based moisturiser and now that the skin is not broken it won't cause pain.

Presently you're healing and it is too early to worry about scarring other than taking special care of your delicate skin. If it concerned you later then dermatix or silicone sheets are available on prescription. I really doubt you will need them.

It actually looks very good considering the original appearance. Your body is doing a great job of looking after itself.

Thank you, that's really reassuring [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back