Scissor over comb around the ears!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbillie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

When cutting men's hair, I always struggle when doing scissor over comb around the ears. All the videos and step-by-step instructions I have seen don't show you how to avoid cutting a client's ears!!!

Can anyone give me any hot tips or direct me to any videos on the subject?

Many thanks x

P.s when practicing on my husband - I cut his ear! Blood everywhere! :lol:

Always protect the ear with the comb thats what i do xx and take your time x

Have you not got anyone to show you how to do it? Have you thought about doing a barbering course? I protect the ear with the come, meaning the comb covers the ear so no chance of cutting your client.

Hiya, if u really find it difficult why not get your client to hold their ear down down for you I know it's not really professional but better that than a blood bath lol! You'll soon pick it up. All the best . X

How do I protect the ear with the comb though?

I won't even suggest you follow me but I use 7.5 inch scissors for scissor over comb and a HUGE comb too :) just what i like, which helps but after a few months you'll find a method that works for you, let me know if you would like more hands on help hun i will try my best

I push the ear gently down with my thumb and just have the comb in my four fingers and let go of the ear as I move up the head.
Hope that makes sense lol. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hiya, I always stuggled aswell, I would recommend really making sure the hair is wet around the ear and thn comb it straight down wards, hold the ear with your left hand and then free hand cut with your right. or the other way round if u are cutting with your left! Hope this helps. Take your time. Don't rush!

let me know if you would like more hands on help hun i will try my best

Hey cheers bluerinse. I might just take you up on that offer - seeing as I am not so far from you! x

Hey cheers bluerinse. I might just take you up on that offer - seeing as I am not so far from you! x

Yeah absolutely!! I'll pm you x

Latest posts

Back