sculpt instead of tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
hello everyone, just wanting a bit of advice, I am doing a different nail on each of the fingers on the nail trainer hand and instead of using a tip would it still have the same strength if I used a form with clear powder over the whole nail, just for people who like to have long nails and paint them, hope you understand this. By the way ,the weather up here is awful tonight:eek:

sundial said:
hello everyone, just wanting a bit of advice, I am doing a different nail on each of the fingers on the nail trainer hand and instead of using a tip would it still have the same strength if I used a form with clear powder over the whole nail, just for people who like to have long nails and paint them, hope you understand this. By the way ,the weather up here is awful tonight:eek:

Hi sun,

Yes you can sculpt, you must apply in three zones as usual, re-inforcing the stress area. Sculpted nails are actually stronger as there is more product attached to the nail plate. I prefer to sculpt, as it is more cost effective, quicker, they feel more natural, and last longer. They take time to master but once you've got it, it is fantastic to sculpt!

Hi Jackie.....I wouldn't advise using clear for zone 1 on a sculpt...because
it just won't look natural....

I would use a mix of soft white & natural or just natural for zone 1....then use your clear or perfect pink for zones 2 &3....
I know you are saying the client will wear polish...but using the natural does give her the option to take the polish off....whereas using clear in zone 1 doesn't give her that option.........HTH

izzidoll said:
Hi Jackie.....I wouldn't advise using clear for zone 1 on a sculpt...because
it just won't look natural....

I would use a mix of soft white & natural or just natural for zone 1....then use your clear or perfect pink for zones 2 &3....
I know you are saying the client will wear polish...but using the natural does give her the option to take the polish off....whereas using clear in zone 1 doesn't give her that option.........HTH
Thanks for that I will give it a try tomorrow, hate faffing with tips, oops just thought I might not have the natural powder, everything is at the shop, i'll just have to check tomorrow and if not, get ordering! I know a lady who likes to have long nails and paint them, and the last time I done a set on her I used tips and after blending she quite liked how natural they looked, so yes I suppose using a soft white or natural would give her more options, cheers x

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi sun,

Yes you can sculpt, you must apply in three zones as usual, re-inforcing the stress area. Sculpted nails are actually stronger as there is more product attached to the nail plate. I prefer to sculpt, as it is more cost effective, quicker, they feel more natural, and last longer. They take time to master but once you've got it, it is fantastic to sculpt!
Thankyou I also prefer to sculpt for all the same reasons xx

Latest posts

Back