sculpting.....a breath of fresh air

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
have spent this afternoon sculpting on my nail trainer and descided to have a bash on myself doing pink and whites
spent just under an hour to do my right hand...with my left wow how quick,
i built my tip in layers on the form one layer for the pretend tip and another layer to do my smile and pull over my sculpted tip...i really really enjoyed this , i have never really tried sculpting and when i took the forms off and did my finishing i had a really good c-curve i was slightly worried that they would be flat.
once i have done the other hand tommorrow (had to do boys tea) i will take pictures.
was wondering who also found once they took the plunge that they really enjoyed sculpting....after being to scared to sculpt at the beginning
i have a long way to go.....as long as my clients have nice long nails beds i'll be ok for now lol

i wish i would dare have a go. the thing i dont get is how long do you do them and when to stop extending

I did a sculpting workshop last year and have been a bit shy of it really...I sculpt for clients who have lost the odd nail or two and for repairs, but I haven't done that many sculpted full sets...which I know I should.

I know I can do it but I like my confort zone too much.

Good luck and keep up with it!

xx

Sculpting is fab eh Joanne! When you do the other hand do the free edge first, if you find you can't get enough pressure or it goes a little out of wack, then define the white with your file before you apply your pink you will find this a little easier!

Clarelee69 - just have a go, you will find it is great fun. the beads are the first thing you master but doing them in two is fine. figure out how long you want the free edge and press your bead out to this length first. Then carry on.

Take care xx

i have put a pic up in my gallery i did these left handed.....good excuse.:eek:
hopefully my other hand will look better done tomorrow when i use my right hand...

clairelee69 said:
i wish i would dare have a go. the thing i dont get is how long do you do them and when to stop extending

use the guidelines on the forms and you will be able to control the length ok

stanleyann

i've got to take my hat off to anyone who can sculpt with their left hand!!

did a really cool set of brisa sculpts today. i was well proud, but they were on my mate and i did it with my right hand!!!

Joanne ~ they are beautiful hun - well done you! The C curve you have achieved is lovely. Which forms did you use?
I would love to learn how to sculpt ~ I tried on my nail trainer last week but couldnt even get the forms on! I did get one to stay on but noticed after curing the gel had leaked under neath and made a lovely mess.
Toni have you any tips on sculpting with brisa? they would be really appreciated..
MTIA
KxXx

i used ezflow forms and actually found it easier to scuplt on my self than the nail trainer....on the nail trainer i did get seapage, but non on my self.
was a bit scared of fitting the forms and not getting a good c curve but the forms where so easy to fit.

Latest posts

Back