Sculpts V's tips. Price difference and if so why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Over the last two weeks, sculpting has just sort of clicked for me. :D
I'm wearing sculpts at the moment (natural powder) and they look no different to a tip, other than they are thinner at the free-edge and took less time.

I was just wondering is it worth charging more for sculpts. I know that it is more of a skill, so normally you would charge more, but if it's saving me time, can I justify charging more.

Just wondered what your thoughts on this were.

Sculpted echancements take more skill and are therefore worth more, so yes I think you should charge more for them.

Compare it to a Hairdresser, you would pay more for a senior stylist than a junior although they are using the same shampoo, colour, etc., you're paying for the skill and knowledge.

Congratulations on cracking sculpting - it's really satisfying when it clicks into place isn't it! :D

HTH
Trin
xx

Personally I charge more for a full set of sculpts because I've never really enjoyed doing them and that has been reflected in my price, however, I am improving and getting better at fitting my forms. I don't mind tips but they do take me such a LONG time to do with having to blend, blend and blend (3 and a bit hours last night with a full set for a client) and I actually think I would be quicker doing sculpts. I think it's personal preference really. For example, some people, including myself, charge more for French finish whilst others charge the same as colour. If you don't feel you should charge more for sculpts then set the price as you would for tips and I'm sure your customers will be willing to pay your fair prices.

Generally when you have different prices for a system, you will find a lot of clients go for the cheaper option, even when they are advised on a better choice by their tech. With this in mind why not have a set price for all of the systems, this way you can offer the best for them that suits the nails aswell as lifestyle without the conflict of price!

Full sets are not what keeps a business going it is the re-balances.

I would charge the same!

I charge the same price to sculpt or to tip. I very rarely use tips now. Sculpting is much quicker, the enhancements are stronger and it's a great way to correct difficult nail shapes x

The school I work in charges the same for tip or sculpt, but we charge more for colored acrylic or gel. When I was in the salon I charged $5.00 more for sculpt and most were willing to pay. The clients are usually willing to pay a little more for a more technical service. They didn't notice that it was quicker for me to sculpt, they just liked how they looked better. If I had a tip client that needed one repair, I would sculpt one, and then when they decided they wanted to soak off and get a new "fresh set" I could usually talk them into a sculpt because they knew how they looked and felt. HTH

i charge the same - nearly all my new clients are sculpts unless nail biter !

I think if i was working in a nail salon then possibly could charge a little more for the skill, just like the scenario of the hairdressers. Myself and my clients are both happy with my costs. I love to sculpt and as said before it is quicker for me too so in turn i actually save money as can fit more clients in !

kx

Trinity Nails said:
Sculpted echancements take more skill and are therefore worth more, so yes I think you should charge more for them.

Compare it to a Hairdresser, you would pay more for a senior stylist than a junior although they are using the same shampoo, colour, etc., you're paying for the skill and knowledge.

Congratulations on cracking sculpting - it's really satisfying when it clicks into place isn't it! :D

HTH
Trin
xx

Thanks Trin, yes I'm chuffed to bits, it finally has clicked. After trying pretty much most of the forms on the market I have finally found one that works for me.

My hubby was amazed that the sculpts on my right hand, which looked like something from a scary movie (right handed) resemble what they look like now. Gutted I didn't take a before picture.

Latest posts

Back