sealing nailart with L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question to ask can I use a thin layer of clear L&P to seal in nailart??
Also can you use the Brisa Top gloss over L&P like you can NSIs perma gloss??

Reason i ask this is ide like to keep my nailart semi permanent as i find it hard enough to art myself up.. without it all coming off when i use polish remover on a client.
Any tips greatly appreciated
Thanks

You can use L&P clear to seal in nail art but i wouldnt call it semi permanent. once you apply L&P on top it then means you have to soak it off to remove it or to buff it right back. If you want to seal it try NSI airshield it takes 3min to dry and seal in nail art beautifally

good luck

Lucia
x

How much would you charge for this service???

nailfairy said:
Also can you use the Brisa Top gloss over L&P like you can NSIs perma gloss??

Any tips greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi

yes we use the brisa top gloss over L+P and we charge an extra £3 for it. (just remember not to finish the nail with a smooth buffer as the gloss wont be able to grip)

As for your own nail polish coming off if you try using your pad between your fingers or try a hands down pad (plastic backed circle pad with a little flip out holder at the back) available from designer nails and sallys. Your polish shouldnt budge. Its all in the technique.

mmm tried sealing in my art with L&P I did a rebalance (french glitter) then applied my art then a very thin layer of clear over the art. Its ok but it has made my stripes run slightly. :confused: not sure wether my art wasnt fully dry or the L&P. Anyone else tried this. If so did it come out ok??

hi,

You can do that but make sure you N/A is completely dry. I find that gel is better have you tried Quattro Gel from Star Nails? Either way if you want to remove your N/A you will need to buff it off. I would charge an extra £3-£5 pounds for it.

Latest posts

Back