Self employed to employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24313

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently working self employed in a salon on a part time basis, do 2 full days and one evening at the moment.The money iearn is not great because of the percentage the boss took and also the fact that the salon was hardly ever busy.
The salon has just been bought out and the lady taking over has offered to keep me on but on an employed basis.
She has offered to put me through about 4 training courses so far for products and treatments she currently offers so i can cover her days off etc.
At the moment we havent discussed rate of pay or who the training is through but i wanted to make sure i am prepared and ask the right questions when i next meet her to agree everything.

I dont know what a suitable rate of pay would be, whether this should go up on completion of the courses or after 6 month review etc.

Also if i do end up working full time for her i would be there 6 days a week so wasnt sure if asking for one in four saturdays off would be acceptable?

I am probably just fretting too much but i dont want to agree to this and regret it and be tied into a contract with her,especially if there is a clause about the training she is putting me through.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi Hun,
Wait until you have had a good chat with her. See what her expectations are.
Then you can tell her you will go away and think it all over.
Careful of her paying for courses, as sometimes they will put a clause in your contract that if you leave before a certain amount of time, that you may have to pay her back for the courses. Which to be fair.....she needs to cover her back too.
Hope this is of some help.
Best wishes.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Yeah i expect there to be a clause about the training which i fully respect.
Fingers crossed it will all go to plan!

Thanks for your reply x

Latest posts

Back