self serving facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi, guys, been browsing the net and noticed that this is quite popluar in the States, self serve facials, they charge $20 for a 45mins session, basically, the client comes is (i'd imagine this is better when a group of friends come in together!), you hand them in mirrors and talk them through cleansing, toning, mask and moisturising while they do it themselves.
I suppose this is a great way to get the client to know and try the product. Soma salons over there do it with Dermalogica or others just have a mud bar where again they go and apply a mask on.
Do u think this would work over here??

I've never had a facial done this way, but I have taken part in a Clarins session (as a client) where we were taught to cleanse, tone, etc and put on a range of make-up. It was very interesting to have the therapist on hand, guiding you through the steps by herself carrying them out on her own face first. There were about 8 or 10 of us there, and the money it cost was given off the purchase of products over a certain amount.

Good luck in your venture. xx

I am pretty sure Dermalogica in London does it.

I think it would would in a city or large town but small towns I am not so sure.

I Do Regular Algologie Workshops With Maybe Max 8 Clients. I Basically Teach Them All The Home Basics And The Things Not To Do. The Clients All Pay A £10.00 Booking Fee To The Salon And If They Purchase 2 Sometimes 1 Depending On The Owner It Is Deducted From The Retail Cost. A Great Way To Introduce Skincare To Clients And Build Up Retail Too.

It Is A Good Social Gathering Too, The More Wine The More They Spend..

Ah, that's interesting! How long is the session, Glamour Beauty???

Dermalogica do this, It's called the Skin Bar and was launched over here last year. I think it would work well if you have passing trade.

Ah, that's interesting! How long is the session, Glamour Beauty???

THE WORKSHOPS ARE USUALLY AROUND 2 HOURS, THEY ARE GREAT FUN BECAUSE EVERYBODY GETS STUCK IN, AND EVERYBODY HAS TO TAKE THERE MAKE UP OFF.

THE SESSION QUICKLY BECOMES VERY RELAXED AND CLIENTS LOVE IT.

A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO SELL LOTS OF RETAIL. (THINK PARTYPLAN DO YOU WANT TO BE THE ONLY FRIEND WHO DOES NOT BUY ANYTHING)

hi, we are a dermalogica skin centre at my salon and we have installed a skin bar.its working really well so far.
we have in view of the reception and nail area and it helps our retail sales remarkably!!
as we all know getting clients in for facials every months is prety hard when they are watching the pennies or already spend £XXX on their nails every month,but all these people are buying skin care products from somewhere but prob not you cause they think they need to have a facial for the skin analysing! (well thats what it was like for us anyway)
they are buying thse products from shelves in supermarkets or chemists etc with no expert to hand to advise them.
well with the skin bar anyone can come in for a free 20 min skin bar where they recieve the full face mapping skin analysis and get to use,feel and see the dermalogica products the way they are suppose to be used in a fun, and excting enviroment. in effect they perform thier own mini facial in a mirror opposite you with your guidance.
a mini steamer and plenty of steam towels and they love it!!!
honestly our retail sales have incresed dramatically.

Latest posts

Back