Semi permanent lash business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimT

Reaction score
Hello!
I am thinking of starting a semi permanent lash business, i have been employed as a beauty therapist for 3 years now, and although i love my job, the money isnt great and there are no more hours available for me. I am at the stage in my life where i am saving every penny in order to move into my very first home.
I have done mobile beauty work in the past alongside my beauty job, and enjoyed it, and made a good profit, however this got to the stage where it got too much, and i was out all hours skipping meals etc which isnt good. This just did not work well along with my day to day work.

Im thinking to start up a mobile business just specializing in one thing. Im thinking semi permanent lashes. I am aware that these take longer, however i could make a good profit from these and could charge a decent price.

Just want to ask for opinions,
I work 4 days a week now ( i am working on a zero hour contract and recently got deducted a days work).. so 3 days of the week i have free time on my hands that i would like to make use of.

do you think I could make a success with this?
What prices would you charge for lashes/infills?
Which brand of lashes would you use?

Thanks

Hiya,

Lashes are totally addictive, for technician and client. Yes you can absolutely have a lovely income working 3 days lashes, which are your days off?

You do need to remember that good training is essential with constant after care available. It will also take you a lot of practice in order to feel confident in your new treatment. But done well with a good foundation of knowledge and a good technique you will fly.

Price is dependant on the area you are in, it's best to have a look around at other lash techs in your area. Usually you would offer a discounted price for a while whilst you get up to speed.

Training again is dependant on your area. I recommend Lash Revolution through Beauty Revolution for foundation and volume but I'm biased lol as a trainer :) also I don't think we are in your area xx

Hope that helps cxx

Last edited:
Hi Kim. . It's possible to make a very good living from just doing lashes but, as with all beauty treatments, it depends on your local market. Prices vary greatly around the country, as does the demand for the different types of lash extension. It will take you time to build up a clientele but lash extension is one of those addictive treatments that keeps people coming back for infills and top-ups. I can't imagine being without my lashes now.
Have a look at the local competition, what treatments are they offering? how much do they charge? what can you offer that they can't? (your unique selling point) Don't be tempted to just undercut their price and devalue your service as we have seen this drive local prices into a downward spiral that is difficult to recover from. Once a client has found a good lash artist it's difficult to prise them away but maybe you can compete on convenience or the service that you offer. Be patient but persistent, each new client could gain you between £30 and £120 per month. It doesn't take that many clients to make a viable mobile business if your overheads are low. Your materials, compared to other beauty treatments, are very cheap. The cost of equipment to set up is low, a couch, a Glamcor lamp and some tweezers will get you started. Please don't be tempted to economise on the training, the best eyelash extension training will pay off many times over in the long run. Our course is the highest rated in the UK (30cpd points) and we've won this year's Guild Award of Excellence.
As far as eyelash brands go I'm biased of course but I believe we offer the best combination of quality and value, as you can see from our independent certified reviews.

Thanks both for your replys!
I do have a lot of experience with lashes, as this is something i do day in day out at my workplace. I have trained in glam lash and marvel lash (although both im not too fussed on as they are not the kind of lashes that last). I have also trained other members of staff in these products within my job.

I would not want to offer these lashes within my own business, as i said, for me these dont last aswell as some of the other lashes i have seen.

I have looked on the lash emporium site today and the products look fantastic and are well priced. Would i need to do training with yourselves in order to be able to get my hands on these products? as i said i wouldnt see the need to personally as i am fully trained in glam lash and marvel lash.

I dont know of a single mobile lash tech around my area, yes a lot of salons offer the treatment but i dont know anyone mobile.:)

Latest posts

Back