Setting up a website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abegail

Reaction score
can anyone point me in the right direction, I would like to set up a website for my new beauty business.
has anyone done it themselves or went to a company to get the job done? and who or what have you used?

thanks

I used wordpress to set my website up - all for free.
I paid for a web address and then linked the website to this.
I find it easy now to update & create new sections but it does take a little time to get to know how to use it when you start.
A teenager is useful to have handy I find with these things...

Wordpress might not be all singing and dancing like some sites you pay for but it costs me nothing and seems to attract new clients.
When I post on my salon facebook page I always put the link to my website - it always drives more viewings (you can see on the wordpress statistics page)

www.countryfairbeautysalon.co.uk if you want to have a look!

Hi,

I've built quite a few sites for fellow 'geeks' over the years.

Here is a case study of one of my more recent ones on my website - https://www.penguinmedia.co.uk/portfolio/simply-beautiful/
The client's site is https://www.simplybeautifulbyemma.co.uk/ (I'm sure Emma won't mind me sharing).

Feel free to request a quote on my website or take a read of it and if you have any questions drop me an email. If you prefer you can book in my diary for a free consultation here - https://www.penguinmedia.co.uk/consultation-call/

Hi
You can also use wix.com and then link it to your domain name.

It's a free site so it will let you build for free.

Xx

Wix, weebly and WordPress.org will have some sort of free version. Squarespace is paid but user friendly and if you are able to put in the work you'll end with something top notch professional looking (I do work for Squarespace, get nothing for the publicity and this is my very honest opinion - it's my day job :D). But if you are not savvy at all and never had a website before I'd highly recommend hiring someone!

I find it easy now to update & create new sections but it does take a little time to get to know how to use it when you start.

Wordpress might not be all singing and dancing like some sites you pay for but it costs me nothing and seems to attract new clients.
When I post on my salon facebook page I always put the link to my website - it always drives more viewings (you can see on the wordpress statistics page)

lovely website thank you x

does anyone know where to buy a website name and how to link it up to wordpress??

where did you buy your web address? x

Wordpress is the best option for you. Easy to manage.

You can buy a domain and host via Bluechip, Bluehost these are best.

Bluehost suck. If you are looking to host these guys are the best budget solution out there - Siteground

Hey!

I built my website all on my own

I use Wordpress as a management custom but I bought & downloaded a theme from theme forest - it is really quite complicated the way I did it you can do it just from the free themes on Wordpress but I feel they don't look just as good

You can add a code from shedul ( free booking system ) that will add a booking section to your website too

Shedul is really easy to use to set up and it's completely free

www.theartofbeauty.co.uk is my site :)

Ps you buy your domain name ( website name) from 123reg ( google it) you will search the name you like to see if it's already taken if it is then you can't have that address you may need to add something like town name etc to your name to get the one your after :)

do you happen to know anything about adding booking systems on websites?
Shedul and Ovatu are both good systems and easy to integrate just by copy and pasting :)

I agree that you should try Wordpress for now. If you want to have a starting website for your product. However, if you know a friend that has knowledge in web development it will be great. You can ask for help and create you a great one. Not right now but maybe when you progress on your project. Good luck to you.

Also unlimitedwebhosting is one of the best places in my opinion for hosting x

I know this is a few months old now but I've been searching for website advice and I have just realised that your Facebook page regularly pops up on my Facebook as a suggested page! I hadn't realised it was you! I would say it pops up at least a couple of times a week so that's pretty good. It's a lovely site by the way :)

I know this is a few months old now but I've been searching for website advice and I have just realised that your Facebook page regularly pops up on my Facebook as a suggested page! I hadn't realised it was you! I would say it pops up at least a couple of times a week so that's pretty good. It's a lovely site by the way :)
Thank you very much!
I try and do as much free advertising as I can through local community pages but in addition I'll do a paid promotion monthly for £20 or less.

I've recently done a new website for my husband who is going self employed after Christmas too
www.somersetmaths.co.uk

Have a look - it's a slightly different layout but easy to create

Latest posts

Back