Setting up a website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much!
I try and do as much free advertising as I can through local community pages but in addition I'll do a paid promotion monthly for £20 or less.

I've recently done a new website for my husband who is going self employed after Christmas too
www.somersetmaths.co.uk

Have a look - it's a slightly different layout but easy to create

They're both great! Really easy to use too.
I tried to create my own website last night on Wordpress and followed a couple of YouTube tutorials, but was struggling in the end as it was really late! I think I'll try again on my laptop rather than my ipad. Did you create the website first or choose your domain? Or doesn't it really matter which order? I've never done anything like this before and found some of the jargon a little confusing!
I already have a Facebook page which I need to promote more now this is my only income. So far I've relied on word of mouth but I need to increase my business now so need to reach a wider audience.

They're both great! Really easy to use too.
I tried to create my own website last night on Wordpress and followed a couple of YouTube tutorials, but was struggling in the end as it was really late! I think I'll try again on my laptop rather than my ipad. Did you create the website first or choose your domain? Or doesn't it really matter which order? I've never done anything like this before and found some of the jargon a little confusing!
I already have a Facebook page which I need to promote more now this is my only income. So far I've relied on word of mouth but I need to increase my business now so need to reach a wider audience.

Yes, I always do website design on my main desktop PC as with other devices you can't always see everything.

With wordpress, I just work my way through each tab filling in bits. Start with the Site Pages first.
It does take time to work you way through and learn what they call a 'menu' or a 'widget' etc but you can play about with it and only publish when ready.

Ps
I see you did nails at weston - I was a beauty lecturer (11 years) & curriculum co-ordinator there, finishing 3 years ago. It was me who set up your nail course originally! Small world... :)

Yes, I always do website design on my main desktop PC as with other devices you can't always see everything.

With wordpress, I just work my way through each tab filling in bits. Start with the Site Pages first.
It does take time to work you way through and learn what they call a 'menu' or a 'widget' etc but you can play about with it and only publish when ready.

Ps
I see you did nails at weston - I was a beauty lecturer (11 years) & curriculum co-ordinator there, finishing 3 years ago. It was me who set up your nail course originally! Small world... :)

I will sit down this afternoon and try again on my laptop and try and familiarise myself with it all!

Yes, I went back to Weston College last year to finally do my level 3 Beauty Therapy, 20 years after doing level 2! My daughter did Level 2 there last year too and is doing a level 3 Makeup Course there this year. Nail enhancements was an extra unit, which I was more than happy about as I felt I could do with updating my skills. I thoroughly enjoyed my time back at college and was delighted to be awarded Level 3 Beauty Therapy Student of the Year! I have just started doing a bit of classroom Support work in the Hair & Beauty Department when they are short staffed, which I really enjoy and am hoping it might lead on to more hours in the future to fit in alongside my home salon.
It certainly is a small world!

Latest posts

Back