Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are you all using, ultra fine or just fine sharpies?

My valentines nails done with dotting tool, sharpie, konad, mica powder. I threw everything I had at it! Lol

they look lovely Bo :hug:

My valentines nails done with dotting tool, sharpie, konad, mica powder. I threw everything I had at it! Lol

Oh I love these I watched a YouTube tutorial for this pattern and so I'm going to try it out too!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks Kinkyboots

Yes, I got it from cutepolish video. This I'd the first time I've tried one of her designs, thanks to the sharpie :)

I recommend ultra fine. I used a brush type art pen that I really like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2,583
Last edited:
Thanks Kinkyboots

Yes, I got it from cutepolish video. This I'd the first time I've tried one of her designs, thanks to the sharpie :)

I recommend ultra fine. I used a brush type art pen that I really like.

Fab, I really want to try that design out :) and will get some ultra fine ones then, worst case scenario ive got spare pens to write with! have you tried any other cutepolish ones Bo?

Fab, I really want to try that design out :) and will get some ultra fine ones then, worst case scenario ive got spare pens to write with! have you tried any other cutepolish ones Bo?

I've always love her designs and subscribe to her YouTube channel. I could never use the polish brush to design and have limited artistic skills. So this design called to me because I can use a sharpie!

I've always love her designs and subscribe to her YouTube channel. I could never use the polish brush to design and have limited artistic skills. So this design called to me because I can use a sharpie!

Brilliant, well I don't see why nail polish would be preferable in some ways because the pens seem like you can get much more control! I suppose its worth testing out what suits you.

Lets get doodling ladies!

Is there you tube videos for using the Sharpie on the nail? Mine looked dull?

Is there you tube videos for using the Sharpie on the nail? Mine looked dull?

Even with a top coat? I haven't actually tested it yet but I guess the top coat is key for shine?

Just received my Sharpies and having stopped laughing yet ... It's a limited edition pack with some extra different colours and one of them is called 'Valley girl violet' how ironic lol

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Just received my Sharpies and having stopped laughing yet ... It's a limited edition pack with some extra different colours and one of them is called 'Valley girl violet' how ironic lol

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Haha it was meant to be!

so after being put on a spending ban during the month of February I have just managed to spend £30 on marker pens..... i blame you geeks!!!!

Just been to asda to do my food shopping and popped to the stationary aisle and bought mine.. On offer for £2 eek! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360244419.567651.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360244419.567651.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 830
Don't think there to bad for a first attempt. Need to be a bit neater x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360256260.069227.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360256260.069227.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,139
I spends hrs practising last night xx

Today i bought myself permanent markers (brand = Staedtler, Lumocolor permanent), they came in a set of Yellow, orange, red, green, blue, purple, brown and black. I bought two sets ;-) 0,4mm and 1mm.
On top i needed White, Silver and Gold.... from POSCA metalic 0,7mm
I fancy the POSCA markers, they dry fast and don't smudge when applying Brisa topcoat, Shellac topcoat or nailpolish.

I purchased a black fine sharpie had really quick play today... Need to spend bit more time being more precise but I love the ease of a sharpie!! Going to order more colours now & in ultra fine I think for more detailing!
8utu9epy.jpg

I stopped by an art store. They had great ultra fine art pens. Only 2 to 3 dollars. They had a white.

Latest posts

Back