Shellac colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss69

Reaction score
I would really appreciate any suggestions for expanding my shellac colour range
I'm looking to fill the gaps between the following colours
Masquerade - Holywood
Holywood - Electric Orange
Tango Passion - Tutti Frutti
Faux Fur - Sugared Spice

Also does anyone know if Gotcha is similar to Rosebud and is Hot Pop Pink similar to Pink Bikini?

Thanks guys xxx

scarlet letter is a lovely red, darker than hollywood but not as dark as masquerade. its a cream colour and opaque so no shimmer

Rosebud is a dusky pink in comparison to gotcha.

Defo recommend tinted love but not very popular at this time of year. Tutti fruiti and salmon run have both been very popular for me the last couple of weeks.

If you search the colour in google images you get a better idea of the colour difference xx

scarlet letter is a lovely red, darker than hollywood but not as dark as masquerade. its a cream colour and opaque so no shimmer
I'll add that one to my shopping list
Thanks x

Rosebud is a dusky pink in comparison to gotcha.

Defo recommend tinted love but not very popular at this time of year. Tutti fruiti and salmon run have both been very popular for me the last couple of weeks.

If you search the colour in google images you get a better idea of the colour difference xx
Would 'Tinted Love' fit between Tango Passion & Tutti Frutti?

Tinted love is a dark creamy red.

Purple purple and hot chillis I would put between. Just google them xx

Do you think a poster of all colours would come in useful for you all? Don't forget they are in the catalogue too but as colour blobs this time. Anyway we are thinking of posters... LMK your thoughts...

Do you think a poster of all colours would come in useful for you all? Don't forget they are in the catalogue too but as colour blobs this time. Anyway we are thinking of posters... LMK your thoughts...
posters would be great!

posters would be great!

Thanks Pinkiepromises... So another question. We used to do all posters A1 which is the 'normal' large size of a poster. But many salons said they were too big, so we did them smaller. I guess some salons don't have room enough on walls etc... Anyway, do we think A1 large of smaller.? Would love as much feedback as possible... My marketing manager and I are in deep discussion about it... She wants A1; I want what you guys want... So I don't mind but majority rule... :p

I wouldn't have a poster of nail colours on the wall. I've suggested clients visit sweet squared if they want a particular colour and especially if they want minx. I think the colour representations on the site are pretty good.

Just a bit of feedback for you ☺

Vic x

I would love a colour chart of current colours. I have a lot of them but I had a lady in at the weekend who was looking for a colour I didn't have and being able to point out our on a colour chart would have been extremely helpful.

A1 size is a little too huge whereas A4 would be to small. Somewhere in the middle would do the trick for me x

This would be a god send

The smaller the better for me and I wouldn't mind A4 I could laminate that size and hand it to clients (don't have wall space my salon is a conservatory and I don't want one in my window really)

Google swatches are great but because all the photos are taken in different light it hard to get an accurate colour comparison between shades

Lynn x

I think the standard poster size maybe too big, what about wider instead of longer?

Photos of colours on pop sticks would be great too
For example all your reds in one photo dark to light then all your pinks in another and so on.
This would be so much better than individual images of each colour.
I'll start with mine although I don't have many Shellacs yet x

(Bare with me I've not up loaded photos yet!)

Last edited:
image.jpg Ok so it's upside down lol
Top row left to right - Pink Bikini, Tutti Frutti, Tango Passion, Rock Royalty
Bottom row left to right - Strawberry Smoothie, Satin Pajamas, Sugared Spice, Faux Fur
Tropix, Electric Orange, Holywood, Masquerade

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 47
Colour stix please would be better as u never get a true colour in print

I've added a few more coloursimage.jpg
Bottom row right to left - Beau, Pink Bikini, Tutti Frutti, Butterfly Queen, Tango Passion, Rock Royalty
Top row right to left - Strawberry Smoothie, Field Fox, Satin Pajamas, Sugared Spice, Faux Fur, Rose Bud, Tropix, Electric Orange, Holywood, Masquerade

Yes the current colour blobs in the new catalogue to me arent a true representation of the colours. There's got to be s better way of getting the true colour

salmon run is absolutely beautiful and I think Gotcha is the pink equivalent x

Hi again
I've added quite a few colours this time. I was getting so frustrated not knowing which colours would compliment not duplicate my existing ones so I just had a mad moment, ordered a few too many and hoped for the best. Pay cut for me this month!!! Luckily each colour seems to have its own shade although Sugared Spice and Iced Cappuccino are actually quite similar (despite Iced Capp looking lighter in photograph)
I really hope this photo helps someone struggling with which colours to buy. Shellac is not cheap so the last thing you need is two similar colours. Will add more and photograph when I've earned some more money

Bottom row right to left - Masquerade, Tinted Love, Holywood, Hot Chilis, Electric Orange, Tropix, Salmon Run, Dandelion, Faux Fur, Sugared Spice, Iced Cappuccino, Locket Love, Chiffon Twirl, Satin Pajamas, Field Fox
Top row right to left - Tango Passion, Butterfly Queen, Sultry Sunset, Tutti Frutti, Pink Bikini, Rose Bud, Gotcha, Rock Royalty, Grape Gum, Beckoning Begonia, Cake Pop, Beau, Strawberry Smoothie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back