Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's quite an impressive video! :)

Did anyone else wince as the woman touched her nails after Roxanne cured the Shellac? :lol: I knew it wouldn't affect it but it just goes against everything you know to see someone touch polish that quickly!

I want it, Now:cry: roll on May. I normally love to wait, never get impatient, my pressy can sit until the right day, no problem. But this, I am itching to have a play with it and start selling it. This is going to be great:lol:

I am in Oregon. Still a bit to far! But I am Moving to Florida in June and can not wait to see what will be in that area when I get there! I will only be 2hr from Miami (west palm beach!). I think that allot more training will be in that area of the US then in Medford Oregon. (we call it DeadFord):irked: I SOO can not wait!
Here there is nothing but MUCH older ladies and they just want L&P and a polish. Miami and West palm Has SOO many dif ethnicity's and cultures! I have talked to a few Nail Techs down there that say they get to do all kinds of art! (happy dance) But the Older gals here make me get the prep etc down pat! So I should have that all nice and good before I go on to more colors!

Lucky you. WPB is beautiful and you will find no shortage of good potential clients :).

love the video and the sneaky peek of the colours :)

It looks amazing, and if it does what it says on the bottle (however being CND I KNOW it will), it will for sure bring me (and most probably all of us) new customers, who currently paint their own nails and don´t see the need for a nail technician:green:!

So what do you all say to just cancelling April this year? I´m up for it:lol:

Enjoyed the video, just hope it's not like that white Brisa paint that's already on the market... it seems thinner though which would be fantastic. :)

Enjoyed the video, just hope it's not like that white Brisa paint that's already on the market... it seems thinner though which would be fantastic. :)

It is a fab video and shows it exactly how it is ....

No working out of POTS which saves so much time!! Thank goodness so ...
No having to clean brushes after application which saves so much time.
Goes on like polish but cures like a gel so .... it is not like Brisa Paint on gel (which in my opinion, by the way, is the best coverage paint on white I have ever used as well as the nicest white colour)
So ...
no waiting to dry,
more polish-like finish
thinner and more natural colour with no added bulk
never lifts
never chips
instantly dry, which saves so much angst on the part of clients and technicians.

And Smartypantz is so right ... it will for sure bring all of us new customers, who currently paint their own nails and don´t see the need for a nail technician!

I just know this will benefit me for sure. As I do mainly natural nail care now this will appeal to many I know.

AND another thing ......

some of our most favourite missed CND colours are Back in Shellac!!!

AAaaahhh!! I can't believe the big secret is not a big secret anymore

I know we all knew about Shellac for a while now, but the whole fun for me was the waiting and "I wonder what will it be like" questions that I had in my head!!

I feel a little dissapointed, like I've just seen my Christmas pressie before Christmas. :cry:

But in saying that WOW!!.... How amazing is Shellac?!!!

My main worry was, as a soak off gel user (I think I've tried them all) was it going to be the same as other soak off gels and if so what was the point of another investment???..... well as we have all seen, there is a BIG difference!

I'm very very impressed that it really does glide on like a polish and has a gorgeous glossy shine (unlike other soak off gels)

I just can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

AAaaahhh!! I can't believe the big secret is not a big secret anymore

I know we all knew about Shellac for a while now, but the whole fun for me was the waiting and "I wonder what will it be like" questions that I had in my head!!

I feel a little dissapointed, like I've just seen my Christmas pressie before Christmas. :cry:

But in saying that WOW!!.... How amazing is Shellac?!!!

My main worry was, as a soak off gel user (I think I've tried them all) was it going to be the same as other soak off gels and if so what was the point of another investment???..... well as we have all seen, there is a BIG difference!

I'm very very impressed that it really does glide on like a polish and has a gorgeous glossy shine (unlike other soak off gels)

I just can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Believe me hunni ... there will be plenty of surprises to come!!

We live in a global world .. no secrets are kept for long and certainly not in the nail business. :lol:

Shall I share another secret? I've had my hands on it ... it is all you think it is and more. :green:

Nooo! please dont tell us any more LOL. I have a couple of questions but I am saving them so I hope no one asks them on here!

Nooo! please dont tell us any more LOL. I have a couple of questions but I am saving them so I hope no one asks them on here!

My lips are sealed!!! No more questions answered.

Believe me hunni ... there will be plenty of surprises to come!!

We live in a global world .. no secrets are kept for long and certainly not in the nail business. :lol:

Shall I share another secret? I've had my hands on it ... it is all you think it is and more. :green:

OK I'm excited again..... not that I wasn't already!!! :lol:

OOOOOhhh how i would just love to go to the event..... coz i just love surprises:) Maybe next year !

Great video... it was lovely to see Roxanne... love her!

Anyway, after watching the video, I have a question based on two points
1. it is a soak off gel.
2. it is a soak off gel that requires no buffing at all when being removed but is still able to soak off in a few minutes.

As all other soak off gels that I have used require some buffing in order to soak off so quickly... I can only but wonder if Shellac is a more porous system?

If this is the case then I wonder about discolouration of clear and p&w overlays with Shellac... as discolouration has always been an issue with soak off gels due to the fact that they are porous...
Until now, the answer to discolouration has been to use a gel for clear/p&w which although still able soak off, requires buffing down to allow for such a short soak off time (so less porous?).

Not trying to be difficult - just need to understand

Latest posts

Back