Shellac lifting - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eilj513

Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently completed the shellac beginners course. I've been pretty happy with the nails I've done so far.
However last night I applied a set of iced cappuccino to my mum. Pep went fine and so on, the nails looked lovely.
Today she didn't wear gloves & has had her hands in boiling water for part of the day. She said air bubbles started to appear and then some came off. I would say about 4 in total came off. She's just been up and I've removed the rest with NR & foils. I'm worried now incase I'm at fault, or was it the hot water without the gloves?
Thanks in advance!

I would say is was the hot water as the aftercare is to wear gloves when washing up etc. Just redo them and see how they go again, just make sure she wears gloves next time.

It's your mum..... Don't sweat it!! she probably didn't pay......that's why she didn't wear gloves! [emoji6] I'm sure your application was just fine!! Xx

Did you deactivate your Cuticle away? Which CND lamp do you have?

Yes deactivated with soap and water. I have the original lamp.

Did you scrub fresh really well? I recently (don't no how) completely forgot to scrub fresh and the shellac started peeling off the next day on some nails x

I thought so, but will definitely be more cautious when applying again! Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back